Did you mean: 

looking for attorney - against experian and transunion

tag
ef15
Established Member

looking for attorney - against experian and transunion

old debt from 2001 - should have been off in 2008

debt was sold to marauder corp in 2007 , who changed the Dofd 

in the process oh home buying and this effects the rates.

many lawsuit against CA regarding marauder was won - easy to collect from experian and transunion

looking for attorney from CA - im in LA county

thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: looking for attorney - against experian and transunion

Why would the suit be against the CRAs if the CA is the one changing the DoFD?

Message 2 of 10
ef15
Established Member

the collection company is a ghost - there are many judgement against marauder that cant be collected - cause they collect using other companies - and after awhile they closed them , the CRA's know this routine and allows them to report - why ? money ...

Message 3 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Since we are not attorney's here and can't offer legal advise, Google is a great search tool. That's how I found my lawyer.

DaBears

Message 4 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree with guiness' question.

If a debt collector reports a collection, THEY are required under FCRA 623(a)(5) to report the DOFD on the OC account to the CRA within 90 days after reporting their collection.

The CRAs retain that required reporting under a separate code called the "FCRA Compliance Date/Date of First Delinquency."  The CRAs are then required to use that reported date to ensure they exclude the reported collection no later than 7 yrs plus 180 days from that reported DOFD.

They cannot be a "ghost" to the CRA, who knows who reported the collection, and thus who is responsible for providing them the DOFD.

The debt collector is responsible for any update, and if knowingly inaccurate, is a serious violation of FCRA 623(a)(5).

Violation by the CRA occurs if and when they issue any credit report after the 7/180 period from the reported DOFD.

If you have any questions/doubts about the reported DOFD that is of record in your consumer file, you can send a formal request to the CRA under the provisions of FCRA 609(a), and the CRA must provide that information.

I would be cautious about asserting violation by the CRA until you have clear evidence of the reported DOFD, and that more than 7/180 has expired from that date.

Issues of improper reporting of the DOFD itself are violaltions by the debt collector, not the CRA.

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@ef15 wrote:

the collection company is a ghost - there are many judgement against marauder that cant be collected - cause they collect using other companies - and after awhile they closed them , the CRA's know this routine and allows them to report - why ? money ...

It still isn't a valid reason to sue the CRAs.  There are many that get judgments that are never collected on.  Yet they all get reported to the CRAs.

Maurader is a CA, though, I do agree, probably the worst of the worst.  But, still, that has nothing to do with the CRAs.  And they are not a ghost.

Message 6 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Go to http://www.martindale.com/ and search for attorneys in your area that specialize in creditor/debtor rights.  Look for attorneys with AV rating (highest possible) that have both positive client and peer reviews.  You could also try contacting your Attoney General's consumer protection agency and Better Business Bureau.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
ef15
Established Member

the debt is for bounced check from 2001 !!!

credit company try to remove this - but  CRA always verifired it ...

the collection company is ghost - they dont have any physical address - just drop box - so its very hard to serve them 

i did used google anf find a lawyer who got a judgement against - he said you cant collect anything from them - there is no founds in there accounts and they using diffrent companies to collect ... looks they found a great way ...

anyway that lawyer wont take the case ... and i dont blame him

i used google again - and many with the same problem who took the CRA's to court won or settle outside the court 

would love to hear from person\lawyer with that experience.

thx

Message 8 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Contact your Attorney General's office in your State.  Bring copies of your letters from attorney and your judgment to the bank when you apply for loan and hope you get a good loan officer that will work with you while you try to get this straightened out.  You could also check with your Secretary of State's corporation database and see if they have updated listings for the company.  Normally, they are required to list a person who accepts service of process.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@ef15 wrote:

the debt is for bounced check from 2001 !!!

credit company try to remove this - but  CRA always verifired it ...

the collection company is ghost - they dont have any physical address - just drop box - so its very hard to serve them 

i did used google anf find a lawyer who got a judgement against - he said you cant collect anything from them - there is no founds in there accounts and they using diffrent companies to collect ... looks they found a great way ...

anyway that lawyer wont take the case ... and i dont blame him

i used google again - and many with the same problem who took the CRA's to court won or settle outside the court 

would love to hear from person\lawyer with that experience.

thx

Per the Credit reporting guidlines, a returned check uses the date the check was returned for insufficient funds as the DoFD, if there isn't one, the date of the check is used.

Maybe a letter to the CRAs spelling this out will help.  Funny, it is in the book they have others use but they themselves seem to ignore it.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.