Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking to get better. advice?

tag
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

looking to get better. advice?

hello all,  been reading boards past few days and have started working on fixing credit.  I've read so many success stories and know the process is a journey.  gonna list mine and if anybody has suggestions good or bad pls let me know.  thx.

1.Wells Fargo, account closed, I have baddie that falls off next month.

(will just let nature run it's course)

2. Credit Union #1, i had a loan, 120+ day paid C/O, that falls off Sept this year.

(online i asked CRA to fall off early, waiting result, if denied will keep requesting)

3. Hard Pulls, I have 4 that will hit 1 year mark later this year.

(again, let nature work)

4. Car loan (paid entire loan) one 30 day late from 2010.

(requested through CRA to credit union #2 that they goodwill, if that doesn't work will private message GW to credit union #2 and continue until removed)

5.  CACH LLC at time, now SquareTwo Financial, sent baddies to Scott Lowery Law Offices, account closed

(i PIF in 2012 with Scott Lowery Law Offices w/o realizing I could ask for deletion. I should prob send GW to Law Offices but that makes me nervous lol for some reason, is it possible I can send to SquareTwo instead even though I paid Scott Lowery Law Offices?  I have PIF letter from Law Office so I'm sure that GWing them is proper route, just don't like idea of contacting lawyers).

6.  Care Credit, Have a 120+ day late unpaid C/O from 2010, account closed.  Didn't realize this and applied for another care credit card last year and was approved.

(I'm leaning toward leaving this one alone and just wait for 2017 as I am unable to PIF at this time)

7.  Kohl's, have 4 different 30 day lates, I closed account

(sent GW for the last 2 to be removed as the first 2 will fall off this year(I didn't mention first 2 in letter), awaiting response)

8.  Credit Union #3,  paid C/O.

(sent GW e-mail, awaiting response, if denied you know the routine, will keep trying until victory).

9. Working on all my UTI's.

------

That is basically all the negative stuff across my 3 reports, I guess #5 and #6 are where I'm sorta up in the air, but I welcome any and all comments.  Last late payment was in 2012 during a move to another state and I PIF that when I realized what happened.  Gardening since 8 Dec 2013.  Plan to let some baddies fall off and then apply for few different credit union credit cards, trying to wait until 2015.  Maybe try see if I can get a few soft CLI's later this year depending on what falls off. 

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: looking to get better. advice?

@avggoal700 wrote:

hello all,  been reading boards past few days and have started working on fixing credit.  I've read so many success stories and know the process is a journey.  gonna list mine and if anybody has suggestions good or bad pls let me know.  thx.

1.Wells Fargo, account closed, I have baddie that falls off next month.

(will just let nature run it's course)

2. Credit Union #1, i had a loan, 120+ day paid C/O, that falls off Sept this year.

(online i asked CRA to fall off early, waiting result, if denied will keep requesting)

3. Hard Pulls, I have 4 that will hit 1 year mark later this year.

(again, let nature work)

4. Car loan (paid entire loan) one 30 day late from 2010.

(requested through CRA to credit union #2 that they goodwill, if that doesn't work will private message GW to credit union #2 and continue until removed) Personally I like a professional letter sent thru the mail.

5.  CACH LLC at time, now SquareTwo Financial, sent baddies to Scott Lowery Law Offices, account closed

(i PIF in 2012 with Scott Lowery Law Offices w/o realizing I could ask for deletion. I should prob send GW to Law Offices but that makes me nervous lol for some reason, is it possible I can send to SquareTwo instead even though I paid Scott Lowery Law Offices?  I have PIF letter from Law Office so I'm sure that GWing them is proper route, just don't like idea of contacting lawyers). If its the mouthpiece reporting as a CA the GW goes to his office, if the OC is reporting the GW goes to them.

6.  Care Credit, Have a 120+ day late unpaid C/O from 2010, account closed.  Didn't realize this and applied for another care credit card last year and was approved.

(I'm leaning toward leaving this one alone and just wait for 2017 as I am unable to PIF at this time)  If its not past your states SOL for lawsuit I suggest you wait until the SOL passes, if it is past SOL can offer a percentage for PFD but a PFD is last resort, DV would be first line of defense

7.  Kohl's, have 4 different 30 day lates, I closed account

(sent GW for the last 2 to be removed as the first 2 will fall off this year(I didn't mention first 2 in letter), awaiting response)

8.  Credit Union #3,  paid C/O.

(sent GW e-mail, awaiting response, if denied you know the routine, will keep trying until victory).

9. Working on all my UTI's.

------

That is basically all the negative stuff across my 3 reports, I guess #5 and #6 are where I'm sorta up in the air, but I welcome any and all comments.  Last late payment was in 2012 during a move to another state and I PIF that when I realized what happened.  Gardening since 8 Dec 2013.  Plan to let some baddies fall off and then apply for few different credit union credit cards, trying to wait until 2015.  Maybe try see if I can get a few soft CLI's later this year depending on what falls off. 

Paying down your revolving utilization is the fastest way to bring FICO score under control.... You are going to eventually want all cards reporting 0 except for 1 which you will let report 1-9% of its CL to the CRAs. Good luck on your journey Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6,  thx for the response, your answers give me hope that i'm on the right track.  I agree on the letter, only reason i did some that way is I called that same CU other day about a 30 day late error on their part that they sent to CRA and they told me to dispute with CRA instead (the CU fixed the error after I reported to the CRA, guess it was less work for the CU that way).  Anyway, all 3 of your comments are spot on.  I'll get to work on #5, thanks again.

Message 3 of 6
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

a little more help please.  I've sent out some GW's but deciding best course of action for this:  On Credit Report I have

Care Credit saying acct marked deliquent 1 Sep 2010, Bal 0, C/O, Closed acct, Negative acct.

I have CACH LLC on report saying acct marked deliquent 1 Sep 2010, acct paid less than full balance, Bal 0, Paid, Closed acct, Negative acct.

Ok this is the same bill with Care Credit being the OC and CACH LLC being the CA / or who Care Credit hired to collect.  So I am aware I need

to write CACH LLC a GW asking for deletion of negative info (I understand my chances for success are lower since it was a settlement and not PIF).

The Care Credit part, is it legal for the OC and the CA (not sure if it's a CA or just who care credit hired) to both report on my credit report at the same time for the same bill?  Or should it be just CACH LLC?  Basically am I writing Care Credit a GW or am I writiting them asking to remove because CACH LLC is reporting?

I have a letter from CACH LLC saying:  This office has received payment from you settling the above-styled matter in full as agreed.  This letter will serve as a receipt for all payment and is evidence of settlement in full.  (I will include this letter in my GW to CACH LLC).

I also was approved for a care credit credit card a few months ago.

Please help with what exactly I should do.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Yup its legal for both to report and you need to GW both of them. I woulkd not include the settlement letter, why remind them thats their job to find.

Message 5 of 6
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6,

thx again, you and this board are really helping me out alot.  I'll shoot them both out a GW minus the settlement letter and see what happens. 

I'm sorta worried about care credit lowering my current CL or closing altogether if I write them about a past C/O account they sent to collections, guess I'll just have to trust.  With it being a 180+ C/O, i assume it would be worth the risk to possibly have it removed from my credit report. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.