Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvnv funding and resergent.... neither wants to give me what I need

tag
tenillelg
Valued Member

lvnv funding and resergent.... neither wants to give me what I need

I'm looking for opinions on how to tackle this. I want a correction on my credit report. Here is my issue:

I had an account w/att go into collections. This Co orginally went to lvnv funding. Lvnv funding filed on me and won a judgement against me for this account. Then there was a lien on my home. Fast forward to when I want to sell my home. Of course I had to pay the lien. I had it set up to where they would get their couple of hundred dollars cut from the check of the sale of the house. The court agreed and lifted the judgement so that I could sell my home and get my life and all my bills back on track.

Here comes the issue. 2 yrs later the judgement is still showing on my credit reports as open and unpaid with lvnv funding listed as the company. BUT When I call lvnv funding, the say they cannot do anything about the credit reporting because they had actually sold the account to another company called resergent and that is who the court paid off.....then I call Resergent who shows the account as closed, but could give me no other details and refused to say they were responsible for correcting the report. They had me call a different company called insolve recovery for more info... but this company only has a voicemail and I haven't been able to actually speak to anyone. Ugh. I don't know what to do or even where to start again... going in circles with it. Any ideas from anyone on where to go from here?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: lvnv funding and resergent.... neither wants to give me what I need

LVNV no longer owns the account correct? Then they have no reason to validate a disupute with the CRA as the yno longer hold interest. 

If they were awarded payment then why did they sell it to someone else? It was money in their pocket. 

Resergent is not responsible for the way LVNV is reporting the account, LVNV is. 

Do you have any documents showing that the judgement was paid? 

If so, it will show who the payment was sent to. 

Sounds like they are pulling a 1-2 punch on you. 

Never talk to anyone on the phone! You want to create a paper trail to prove your due diligence and for them to hang themselves. 

Since they no longer hold interest in the account I would dispute it with the CRA's and if it is verified I would start filing complaints. My first one would go to your attorney general. Explain to the AG what happened, what was done and the response from LVNV. Usually once they get a letter from an AG they vacate your repots pretty quick. 

I would aso mention to the AG the problem your having with Resergent, if they no longer hold interest in the accout either then the AG will contact them as well. 

There are other steps you can take this is what I would do personally. 

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When a judgment is satisfied, state statute and the rules of civil procedure of the court require that the juidgment creditor file a notice of satisfaction of the judgment witht eh court within a few months max..  That updates the public record, which is then how the CRA updates the credit reporting.  Update of the credit reporting is not the responsibility of the judgment creditor, but they are obligated to notice the court.

If you cannot get the judgment creditor to file, then contact the judgment court and notify them that the debt has been satisfied and the judgment creditor is refusing to report its satisfaction to the court. 

Message 3 of 4
tenillelg
Valued Member

Thanks for the input.  What I ended up doing is simply disputing the inaccurate reporting with the 3 credit agencies.  I also uploaded the proof of payment from online public records.  TransUnion and Equifax were super quick in fixing the error.  Experian not so much.... They claimed they updated the report but it is still showing the same inaccurate data.  I have resubmitted the dispute.  Crossing fingers.  It won't be removed, but atleast it will not say it has not been settled and that I still owe money either.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.