Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lvnv smack down!

tag
jaron002
Established Member

lvnv smack down!

been dealing with them lvnv crooks.... and finally made them fold! here is the history, started shopping for our first home in nov. the lender told us the scores needed some work and we were just out side of 620 he advised me to get 3 cc's since I only had one auto loan. as soon as they reported I got over 620 and then all hell broke loose. lvnv magically appeared on my report and dumped me 87 points **bleep**! lender said pay them asap so I did. then I found this site an royally gave it to them and pretty much everyone else on my credit but lvnv is my biggest success story here is what happen. I called them and asked for a delete and they said no. typical so I disputed online and they verified. disputed by mail same deal. so I pulled all stops bbb complaint laying out all violations the main one being they never contacted me at any point after the negative tradeline was reported on the cra's and they had 5 days and they reps hanging up on me and not telling me this was an attempt to collect a debt. FTC complaint NJ AG & SC AG calls and about 10 calls to lvnv demanding information about the debt and their violations they responded to the bbb complaint with a bs generic responce just stating the original creditor and so on. that they werebt going to delete. I responded with the book! told them every violation and how they violated and attached recorded phone calls of the customer service and being hung up on and the reps holding numbers on the phone for up to 5 mins. my FTC complaint number and ITS letter. (nj is a 1 party state) I sent the response complaint yesterday and they deleted it today! no trace of it and they replied with a request to remove letter to the cra's. to anyone who is dealing with them THEY can be beat do not let them push you around.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: lvnv smack down!

@jaron002 wrote:
been dealing with them lvnv crooks.... and finally made them fold! here is the history, started shopping for our first home in nov. the lender told us the scores needed some work and we were just out side of 620 he advised me to get 3 cc's since I only had one auto loan. as soon as they reported I got over 620 and then all hell broke loose. lvnv magically appeared on my report and dumped me 87 points **bleep**! lender said pay them asap so I did. then I found this site an royally gave it to them and pretty much everyone else on my credit but lvnv is my biggest success story here is what happen. I called them and asked for a delete and they said no. typical so I disputed online and they verified. disputed by mail same deal. so I pulled all stops bbb complaint laying out all violations the main one being they never contacted me at any point after the negative tradeline was reported on the cra's and they had 5 days and they reps hanging up on me and not telling me this was an attempt to collect a debt. FTC complaint NJ AG & SC AG calls and about 10 calls to lvnv demanding information about the debt and their violations they responded to the bbb complaint with a bs generic responce just stating the original creditor and so on. that they werebt going to delete. I responded with the book! told them every violation and how they violated and attached recorded phone calls of the customer service and being hung up on and the reps holding numbers on the phone for up to 5 mins. my FTC complaint number and ITS letter. (nj is a 1 party state) I sent the response complaint yesterday and they deleted it today! no trace of it and they replied with a request to remove letter to the cra's. to anyone who is dealing with them THEY can be beat do not let them push you around.

Agreed.. there are dozens of people on this forum who have beaten them in the couple months..

Similar approaches, I filed a BBB complaint and that greased the wheel to deletion.. Good work!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/An-apparent-LVNV-success/m-p/1275063/highligh... - that is my thread about it

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
jaron002
Established Member

Re: lvnv smack down!

Dear Ms. edited: This letter is a follow-up to our email conversation and your correspondence dated June 11, 2012 regarding the above referenced account. LVNV Funding LLC (“LVNV”) currently owns account number ending in xxxx. Resurgent Capital Services L.P. (“Resurgent”) is the master servicer of accounts owned by LVNV. A request to remove the LVNV tradeline was submitted to the three major credit reporting agencies on June 12, 2012. Please advise Mr.xxxxxx to allow 10-14 days for this update to occur. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact Customer Service at 888-665-0374. Sincerely, P. Holladay Compliance Department Resurgent Capital Services L.P.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.