Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mailed disputes

tag
justanotherquestion
Contributor

mailed disputes

i have mailed 2 disputed to experiand and transuion, they claim they never received them and i have the tracking and delivery confirmation thru the usps priorty mail, is there a human being that gets the mail or a machine that sorts them? these are over 45 days old now and they keep claiming "never recieved"

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: mailed disputes

mail them again, I know it costs money but confirm you have correct address and mail again.

Message 2 of 4
jg1983
Regular Contributor

Did you use certified mail return receipt? If you do that and they sign the receipt then you have proof that will hold up in court if need be that they received the letter. It costs about $6 a letter but it's worth it. I sent dispute letters that way and they have always corrected my credit report and sent me an updated copy of my credit report in the mail. Can i ask what you are dsiputing and what was included in the letter? You should always state in the letter that it is a letter of dispute (gives you certain legal rights) and that you request a copy of your corrected credit report.

Message 3 of 4
justanotherquestion
Contributor

thank you. i sent priority mail that gives me tracking and delivery thru the post office. 2 charge off accounts were in collections that are not mine they just appeared i sent a dispute that was tracked and recived by both cra's never heard back, sent 2 more and never heard back. i cleary wrote this is a dispute letter and cited the fcra statues in the body of the letters.

i have called and called and they both state we have not recieved anything i gave the tracking information and was told we have no way to validate if we received the information, i got nasty on the phone saying you recieved 2 mailed items that were delivered so fix this matter asap and was hung up on.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.