Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major score fluctuation

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

major score fluctuation

I filed for chapter 7 and was recently discharged.  I opened a secured AMEX card with USAA a couple of weeks ago and it just reported on my EQ report today with an $82 balance.  (I used it to pay my car insurance and have since paid it off.  Still, that $82 is about 30% utilization, so nothing major.  At the same time, I got a notification that my transunion score dropped 44 points.  No idea why.  It didn't have any changes other than the score drop noted on the alert.  This puts me currently at EQ 573, EX 560, and TU 475.  Not awful for less than a month discharged I don't think, but the TU has me concerned.  Is that normal?

Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: major score fluctuation

you may have a thin fileso basically everything that happens will have major ups and downs to your numbers....just make sure that by next statement date that it reports at 1 percent and thats it. That should help alittle bit

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: major score fluctuation

The info on TU may differ enough to cause the varied score.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.