Did you mean: 

martinsoka17's Rebuild Thread

tag
mebell
Regular Contributor

Re: martinsoka17's Rebuild Thread

Congrats! Keep at it

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 28
martinsoka17
Contributor

The 27th of the month is really exciting for me! I just got my ScoreWatch update: my FICO score is now a 605. This is so amazing. I am out of the 500's and plan to keep it that way!

Starting Score: 523

Current Scores: EQ: 705 TU: 757 EX: 764

Goal Scores: 800 across the board

in the garden until 2019!
Message 12 of 28
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

Wow!.. Excellent work!.. Keep up the excitement, and continue to build a positive history.  You will be rewarded for it in the long run.

i reckon its time for me to stop wasting my time and get the scorewatch set up for myself as well Smiley Happy

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 13 of 28
martinsoka17
Contributor

I really recommend it, because my score sometimes updates twice in one month, so it's good to know what my actual FICO is along with other scores such as Credit Sesame.

Message 14 of 28
martinsoka17
Contributor

Well I'm here just to update quick!

myFICO score has been sitting at around a 605 for a couple months now. However, I went to the bank the other day to make a deposit and ended up leaving with a Visa Platinum card! They reviewed the last few months of my use on my Visa SCC (with a $500 limit) and upgraded me to an unsecured card with a $1000 limit. I'm hoping this little bit of credit increase will bump my score more.

I make my 8th rehab payment this month, and I am so tempted to call the CA to see if I can make the 8th and 9th payment together. I want to be done with it and on to clean tradelines and a better credit score. I probably won't, however.

I also spoke with my CU in regards to their required credit scores for car loans. She pulled my TransUnion and I am sitting at a 642 (yay! I am mortgage eligible) which would get me a 5.2% interest rate. I'm hoping that when I am done with the rehab program, and with my new $1250 in combined CL, that will bump me up closer to 700. I will need a new car before I break the 700 club, but she did let me know that I can adjust my interest rate on my car loan as my credit score increases, for the price of a HP and $85.

So many things to be excited about.

Message 15 of 28
martinsoka17
Contributor

Guess who completed rehab? This girl. 

I made my final payment on April 21st, and I called on the 23rd to make sure everything went through ok, and my rep let me know that I had been picked up by Sallie Mae. This makes me a little nervous, because I have heard really good things about Sallie Mae, and really BAD things about Sallie Mae. But as long as you make your payment on time, no issues then!

For some reason, I got a ScoreWatch alert about an hour ago telling me my score jumped from 605 to 626!? I pulled my TransUnion, and nothing is showing on there as far as derogs being removed and new tradelines being established (I pulled it for free...I know MyFico uses Experian...should I pay to pull my Experian report?)

My new $1000 CL is reporting, so that may have caused the jump. Who knows. I'm waiting feverently for these derogs to get the heck off my CR so I can app for an apartment without the slightly embarassing hassle of explaining the situation and providing rehab paperwork. 

Patience is not my strength...

Message 16 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

Looking good congrats on paying it off .....Wooo Hooo

You go girlSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 17 of 28
martinsoka17
Contributor

Thank you Smiley Happy it's so exciting reading back through my thread and seeing how far I've come. Still waiting for those negatives on my SL TLs to be removed. Should we take bets on what my score jump will be?

Does anybody know or have any idea how Credit Karma works? I had a mini heart attack the other day when it told me that my $1000 CL CC was no longer reporting ("CL has decreased by $1000") but I still have the card with a 9% balance on it until my statement cuts on the 20th. So weird, so I have no idea what's going on there...

Message 18 of 28
martinsoka17
Contributor

An update for anyone who is following my rebuild story!

I logged onto my Sallie Mae account today (I do this daily as I have been impatiently waiting for them to post payment information), and I now have a monthly payment! $143.46, which is a little less than the $150 I was paying to ACT every month to rehab. I'm going to just keep paying the $150 though, as it makes my budgeting nice and even.

I am crossing my fingers that this means Sallie Mae will add those postive tradelines SOON. I'd like to get this new car process rolling.

Message 19 of 28
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@martinsoka17 wrote:

An update for anyone who is following my rebuild story!

I logged onto my Sallie Mae account today (I do this daily as I have been impatiently waiting for them to post payment information), and I now have a monthly payment! $143.46, which is a little less than the $150 I was paying to ACT every month to rehab. I'm going to just keep paying the $150 though, as it makes my budgeting nice and even.

I am crossing my fingers that this means Sallie Mae will add those postive tradelines SOON. I'd like to get this new car process rolling.

Stying and profiling in no time.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.