Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maybe I'm getting lucky? portfolio recovery deletes

tag
novabama
Frequent Contributor

maybe I'm getting lucky? portfolio recovery deletes

so I didn't really do anything special here... nor did I when AFNI deleted. they both sent me letters (UDF) deleting... and they BOTH verified with copies of bills when I sent a DV initally. all I did was send DVs then send PFDs (afni I called too and got told no, just like when they told me no via email). I sent them all multiple fax, email and snail mails. I also disputed them for them to verify accuracy of all info. I guess it's just the persistence??? 

Either way, IDC, but I thought I'd share that this is how I got deletes from afni and portfolio recovery just by keeping on pushing and didn't back down. I got some requests for PMs about it, but it was nothing special to share... so there ya go, just like everyone says, patience and persistence is key! I Smiley Tongue a lesson I am learning over & over.

also $100 left to pay on my RJM and they'll delete! I saw an increase in my CreditKarma and nothing had changed on my EQ so I'm thinking maybe they already deleted. Either way happy happy joy joy!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Re: maybe I'm getting lucky? portfolio recovery deletes

Congrats- I've been on port recovery for bout 2 weeks straight now.

And I paid both balances in full including interest- (not pfd, was before I found this site :/ )

Going to keep on pushing...
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 2 of 10
novabama
Frequent Contributor

good luck! just fyi... anything I have gotten from them has ONLY been snail mail and has also taken quite a while in comparison to the other CAs I've dealt with for the most part. Just keep at it! I think they disappeared after about a little over a month and all I did was DV, PFD and Dispute with CRA (can't remember which one/s lol) for all info. They deleted about a week or two ago slowly from each CRA and then I just got the letter officially like 2 days ago. At first I thought maybe they sold it but nope! Mine was from about mid 2007.

Message 3 of 10
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info.

I've snailed/emailed/and called. Phone obviously said no cuz it was. Front desk guy with no weight to toss around. Was worth a try.

I disputed both of the accounts on TU 4 days ago and one of them fell off of my experian yesterday... Confused about that- maybe it's gone for good? But why not both? Same exact dispute -- PORT REC. was reporting that I was paying 10$ a month when I wasn't and they were also reporting KD every month as a CA.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 4 of 10
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Probably gone for good. Mine fell off of EX first I think. Then TU and then EQ followed. But we all know there's no real removal pattern.. Hope it's gone for good for ya!

Message 5 of 10
ReachingMyGoals
Valued Member

Novabama

How often did you send your letters?  PFD, GW, etc. 

I saw someone say 2x's a week.   Is there no period where you wait on a respons?  Or am I missing something?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 580
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Actually, for this account I think I actually only sent a DV and since I knew it was valid I sent a PFD and that was it as far as letters, but I did sent it (settlement offer) fax and snail mail I think. Then I was looking at my account and disputed with one of the credit bureaus to verify all accuracy bc I thought something didn't look 100% right anyway, and figured it couldn't hurt anything (can't remember which one... I think Experian) and then a few weeks afer I sent the letter and disputed I got the UDF in the mail, but the TL had already been deleted a little prior to that. HTH...

Message 7 of 10
Rlandon87
Regular Contributor

Okay as of yesterday PR is off of all 3 of my reports.

What I did-
found out about debt through a pull of my credit report- called PR offered to pay 80% of original balance if they would drop the additional 20% and interest occured since charge off date. They agreed to this and said they would change the tradeline comment to "paid in full with a $0 balance"
I agreed and made a one time payment

I now see this was actually an ignorant move as I could have asked for PFD and probably paid less that 80%-

Continue 3 weeks forward - PR now reported that I still owed 47$ on both collection
accounts and updated payment info which REALLY dropped my score - I assume because it brought the account to a more current active status.
I then called PR and they stated it was out of error that they would not delete the tradeline entirely- however they would update it to be 100% accurate.

I still was not happy so I sent 2 snail mail GW and 3 email GW to execs. This time I received a phone call and to sum it up they said do not call or contact them again for a GW adjustment or deletion of the tradeline as it was illegal and I was urging them to commit an illegal act.

This really bothered me and it was at this point I became very mad- I reviewed all of my phone conversations, paperwork, receipts and everything else that was exchanged between PR and myself.

I found that approx one year ago for 14 months they reported I was paying 20$ a month every month - and I was in fact not. I also had the phone conversation and paperwork from them stating that false reporting was a crime and highly illegal and that they made sure my TL's with their company were 100% accurate.

This time I sent an email, a certified letter and 2 days later called.

The conversation went like this- the statements your company have made to me seem to be very misleading and I believe your company is involved in fraudulent reporting of consumers credit. I was advised by your company that I could not contact you for "illegal" activity so I ask that you no longer contact me due to the fact that you are in fact reporting illegally as you can see from the information provided to you- I will be contacting my attorney and BBB due to the fact that your company reports false information and in turn I feel my creditworthiness has taken a negative impact.

Long story short I checked all 3 reports 2 days later and it's like PR never existed, they also sent a "sorry" letter.

Sorry for the long post- but it worked out for me and I doubt they accuse anyone of committing illegal actions anymore.
 photo ficos3.jpg
Message 8 of 10
madmann26
Valued Contributor

I've been fighting with these )(@( heads for a couple of months now. Every single time, I get a response from some dweeb in legal counsel. The last time, they even sent me the UDF where they were reporting the information "correctly". While Rlandon87 didn't specifically say which credit report he/she referenced, I found phantom $50 payments on my Experian Report from September 2011 - April 2012.

So, I've tailored my dispute PDF to this, emailed every version of the executives email addresses that I could concoct and faxed the same information to every fax number that I could find.

We'll see what happens. I've even let my "unofficial" attorney know about the phantom payments. I also mentioned that I was giving the attorney the same information.

I'm beyond frustrated at this point with them but if it works, it works.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 9 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.