Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mcm info please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

mcm info please

can anyone pm me or help me with obtaining contact info at Midland (MCM? I need to fax, email my dv letter right away. I've sent several with cmrrr, which I have green cards and they keep calling my landlord for information.

Thanks in advance.

Pepper

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: mcm info please

You need to send them a letter stating that you insist they contact ONLY you, and only by mail...no relatives, no friends, no employers and certainly no landlord. (I believe it's called a "Cease & Desist" letter)  Once they receive this, they cannot contact anyone but you about this debt.  Send this CMRRR as well.

What do they ask your landlord about??  

@Anonymous wrote:

can anyone pm me or help me with obtaining contact info at Midland (MCM? I need to fax, email my dv letter right away. I've sent several with cmrrr, which I have green cards and they keep calling my landlord for information.

Thanks in advance.

Pepper

Faxing won't change the fact that they are ignoring your DV's.  Have they sent you a dunning letter??  If so, how long ago?   Do you believe this to be your debt?? Can you PIF?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. My landlord just called me and they called and asked for me again and he told them that this was his private unlisted phone number and I am only a tenant. He did not give them my cell phone number which is all I have. They hung up on him and he's very angry.

From an old debt 6 1/2 years ago, well out of sol in California.  What should I do? Send c&d letter's right away?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to send a letter stating cease and dissist and DV.   send the letter US mail ceritfied return recipt .  keep that info near to you.  If  they fail to obseve that then yoy can have you winning day in court.
Message 4 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
 you need to send a letter stating cease and dissist and DV.   send the letter US mail ceritfied return recipt .  keep that info near to you.  If  they fail to obseve that then yoy can have you winning day in court.

Yes....exactly!

What is the DOFD on this acct??

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dofd is feb 2004.  SOL in CA is 4 years.My landlord called them back and demanded that his phone number be removed from their list, he said he had some nasty guy to hung up on him so he called back and spoke to a woman. She kept asking if I lived there and he said it was none of their business. She told him I have an outstanding debt from 2004, he said it wasn't his problem and then she got more nasty with him so he asked for a supervisor. She hung up on him, so he called back and repeated the same thing to the next guy. The next guy kept asking for my cell phone number, address, work number etc. He refused to give it to him and then my landlord threatened them with calling back, he'll take legal action since this is him personal unlisted home number. He filed a complanint with the BBB.

What should I do now, hope I don't have to move!Smiley Sad

Thanks for all help, much apprecited.

Message 6 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The dofd is feb 2004.  SOL in CA is 4 years.My landlord called them back and demanded that his phone number be removed from their list, he said he had some nasty guy to hung up on him so he called back and spoke to a woman. She kept asking if I lived there and he said it was none of their business. She told him I have an outstanding debt from 2004, he said it wasn't his problem and then she got more nasty with him so he asked for a supervisor. She hung up on him, so he called back and repeated the same thing to the next guy. The next guy kept asking for my cell phone number, address, work number etc. He refused to give it to him and then my landlord threatened them with calling back, he'll take legal action since this is him personal unlisted home number. He filed a complanint with the BBB.

What should I do now, hope I don't have to move!Smiley Sad

Thanks for all help, much apprecited.

HOLY MOLY!  How did they get his #?  Have you rented from him long? 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beats me! I've been there for 4 years. I only use a p.o. box for all my mail, don't use  his address at all (renting a room) nor do I use his telephone number for anything. I have my own cell phone that I use for everything. I haven't applied for any credit in 3 years, use my p.o. box and my cell phone number on everything. He said they're snakes and sneaky and he was very mad, that's why he called them back 3 times to stick it to them. I have fraud alert on my all my credit bureaus, had my identity stolen 4 times in the past 5 years, as recent as 6 months ago.
Message 8 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

OMG....that's horrible!!  I couldn't imagine the hassles of ID theft!   But 4 times  Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 02-22-2010 02:35 PM
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.