Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

med collections I can PIF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

med collections I can PIF

I'm hoping to apply for a mortgage in the next 4-6 months and found I have two med collections from early 2007.  I've looked through numerous med posts on this board and plan to try the following strategy.  Can you tell me if I'm making any rookie mistakes? Smiley Happy

I never received any bills or notices from the OC or CAs on either collection.  I think my insurance might have incorrectly denied these claims.  (The ins. company did that once before by mistake, but in that case, that hospital sent a bill to me)  Both are small claims I am able to PIF ($189 and $50).  I plan to call the OCs and attempt to get the insurance to pay.  If that does not work, I plan to offer a PIF if they pull the account back from the CA.  Does this like a good approach or should I try the HIPPA process?  In one account, the creditor name can easily be googled as a hospital, the other cannot.  My main goal is to make sure these accounts at least show as PIF in the likely case I can't get them removed within the next 2-3 months.

Thank you!

Gizmo

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Re: med collections I can PIF

If they are in collections, google search for the hippa process. You will need to pay in full, but it get the collection account removed from your report by paying the OC, not the CA.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.