Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical bill -paid

tag
wildbillcody
Regular Contributor

medical bill -paid

my husband had a medical bill collections bill for $500 on his credit report. i paid the bill and they have no marked it has paid so should i take further hippa steps to get it removed completley or should i just leave it on there? does it matter if its completley gone or is it good enough just to show "paid"?

Lender pulled fico scores 4-11-2013
Equifax 670, Exp 673, TU 672
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: medical bill -paid

Its better to have it removed, Its a negative.

I didnt do the HIPPA process. I asked for PFD.

Did you meant---they have not marked it paid-- on your CR??

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 5
wildbillcody
Regular Contributor

no they marked it as paid on his credit report so it's showing that it was paid in full. i guess i will just send them the hippa letter so they can remove it.
Lender pulled fico scores 4-11-2013
Equifax 670, Exp 673, TU 672
Message 3 of 5
UpandUp
Contributor

Hopefully when you say you paid, you mean you paid the OC.  You HIPPA the OC, not the CA.
10/10/17: EQ:662, :TU:650, EX:672 - FICO
700 Club, here I come!
Message 4 of 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Google the HIPAA process. This process ALWAYS begins by sending the reporting CRAs a pre-HIPAA dispute letter.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.