cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical bill question

tag
clpoag

medical bill question

in my investigation of outstanding collections I have come across a medical bill from Patient First.  Receivables Management Systems is the CA for the account and they indicated on my credit report that I owe $253.93; however, they can only produce a bill from Patient First for $148.98. Basically, it looks like RMS is charging me $104.95 in interest and collections fees.  If I pay the OC (they have already confirmed they will accept my payment on the account for the original amount owed) what happens to the CAs charges and fees?  Am I still responsible for paying them even though the debt has been settled with the OC?  I don't want to pay $104.95 to RMS when they have never sent me any communications regarding this debt (verified that they have my current mailing address).

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: medical bill question

Pay the OC!!!!! If the CA can't verify or doesn't know who the OC is they must delete their TL. They can not verify with another CA. 

Message 2 of 4
clpoag

Thanks! I am going to pay the $149 via check to Patient First - that will satisfy what I owe them and hopefully remove the reason for the CA.  *fingers crossed* this is the biggest medical collection on my record and I was dreading putting out the $254. 

Message 3 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Ask the OC to pull back the collection from the CA and once you pay the CA must delete their TL.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.