Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical collection gw

tag
mec84
New Contributor

medical collection gw

Has anyone had success with a good will for a medical collection?  im lost in how to word it.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tdbremer
Established Member

Re: medical collection gw

Who did you pay? The OC or ca? What are the details of the account?
Message 2 of 4
mec84
New Contributor

i paid the CA.  $127 medical bill its been a couple months but they wont report as paid.  i just dont know how to word the gw.  i mean i just put it off and put it off until it was too late and in  collections.  there is no excuse for it. 

Message 3 of 4
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Here is a letter I did which resulted in a deletion from the credit reports.  I know it violates advice here about including a check, but I had no doubt that I honestly did owe the money.  I have seen the same doctor since the middle 1980s.  The letter needs to be adapted to meet your situation.  Hope this helps you as to the wording.

February 9, 2014

, CEO

Name of CA

Address

Subj:  Acct XXXXXXXXX  Amount $55.00 and Acct XXXXXXXXX Amount $79.00

Dear M ,

Thank you for taking a moment to read this letter.  I have written it in order to request your help and understanding.   I am currently retired but maintain insurance through my former employer.  I believed my insurance covered all of my medical expenses with the exception of my co-pays that are always paid in advance of receiving service.

I recently obtained a credit report.  Prior to receiving the credit report, I was not aware of any debt owed to NAME OF MEDICAL ENTITY and turned over to you for collection.  The account numbers listed above are the ones listed on the credit report, which omits the last few digits.  I must say thank you for  your company’s restraint in this matter because I do not recall ever receiving letters or phone calls from NAME OF COLLECTION AGENCY, and I have read horror stories about collection agency methodologies in making collections.

I have not attempted  to validate the dollar amounts listed above for I have often had doctor visits in the past few years for a variety of ailments, as well as the difficulty I had in dealing with the death of my mother.  Therefore, I have enclosed a check for $134.00.

Because I have paid the account in full, I am asking for a gesture of goodwill from NAME OF COLLECTION AGENCY by asking you to delete the accounts from your records, if possible, and from all credit bureau records including, but not limited to, Equifax, Experian, and Transunion, which is possible and at your discretion.

I would value any correspondence from you concerning this. 

Yours truly,

MY NAME

MY STREET ADDRESS

MY CITY AND STATE

Phone:  (  )

E-mail: 

Enclosure:  Check  NUMBER OF YOUR CHECK

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.