Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical collection related question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

medical collection related question

I received a call from a collection agency and attempted to call them a few times because it was 2 -$40 accounts for copays, no answer so I drove to Dr's office paid the bill. Meanwhile the CA placed 2- collection accts on my report, dropped my score 80 points. I called Dr's office ask if she wld contact CA.

I disputed and spoke w CA who says they were notified that I paid the Dr, and they will continue to report for 7 years.

I've read about the hippa process, and my question is,is this still a valid defense eeverything I've read says it isn't illegal to report debt.
Lastly, any suggestions?? Thank you in advance
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: medical collection related question

@Anonymous wrote:
I received a call from a collection agency and attempted to call them a few times because it was 2 -$40 accounts for copays, no answer so I drove to Dr's office paid the bill. Meanwhile the CA placed 2- collection accts on my report, dropped my score 80 points. I called Dr's office ask if she wld contact CA.

I disputed and spoke w CA who says they were notified that I paid the Dr, and they will continue to report for 7 years.

I've read about the hippa process, and my question is,is this still a valid defense eeverything I've read says it isn't illegal to report debt.
Lastly, any suggestions?? Thank you in advance

If you didnt have an agreement with the OC to recall the collectors prior to payment then their update of paid collection is proper. You now have to use GW letters to ask the CA to remove their reporting.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

The HIPAA process cannot be discussed on this board. You would have to Google for it.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: medical collection related question

oh my start disputting those bad boys! sorry to hear that 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.