Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical collections question

tag
hoff33
New Contributor

medical collections question

I have several medical collection accounts with one company. Most are from 2009/2010. 12 total. Some are 100-200 and some are 2k-4k.

My question is this, I am now understanding how all this scoring works, the women I work with at the CA is very nice actually. Has allowed me to pay $50 each month for 4 years to keep them from filling for a judgment. BUT I am not seeing that this allows them to spread my payment and report my accounts whenever they want. So should I start being specific on which account my $50 goes to? Get some of those small accounts below $100 so the new fico scoring ignores them?

She has allowed a few PFD but the manager says they can't do anymore for me :-/

What's my best option here?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
hoff33
New Contributor

Re: medical collections question

*now seeing
Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It really doesn't work that way.  The original collection would have to be less than$100, not the balance.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
hoff33
New Contributor

Oh oops! Haha damn.
Message 4 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

After they start to delete some I would still ask them for more deletions. I mean they're getting what they want, so I don't see why not. It's obvious that they can do it so just try.

Good luck.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 9
hoff33
New Contributor

Thanks! I will keep trying. In the meantime should I then just pay on a larger balance so they would they only be allowed to report that one account?

The problem I am noticing is once the age about 6 months and my scores start to improve, bam! They report half of them again and I drop way back down :-/

I try to be very nice to these people because they honestly have been nice to me as well. So I don't want to cause problems, but I think if I specifically pay on a certain account this may help?
Message 6 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@hoff33 wrote:
Thanks! I will keep trying. In the meantime should I then just pay on a larger balance so they would they only be allowed to report that one account?

The problem I am noticing is once the age about 6 months and my scores start to improve, bam! They report half of them again and I drop way back down :-/

I try to be very nice to these people because they honestly have been nice to me as well. So I don't want to cause problems, but I think if I specifically pay on a certain account this may help?

I'm not sure. I always pay my smaller debts first then work on the bigger ones. Once it's paid didn't they agree to stop the reporting?

Message 7 of 9
hoff33
New Contributor

Oh that might be a good point. They just repot ed 6 of them 4/2014 so maybe I just focus on those seeing as how they just dragged my score down anyway?
Message 8 of 9
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@hoff33 wrote:
Oh that might be a good point. They just repot ed 6 of them 4/2014 so maybe I just focus on those seeing as how they just dragged my score down anyway?

Exactly. Start small, work your way up. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.