Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

medical collections

hello community i am new to this forum but have been reading alot of the post and seems to be very helpful. i wanted to know how do you gw a medical collection? does it have to be pif, making payments or what

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: medical collections

Hi there.  I would recommend that you spend some time reading posts here to get the hang of things.  Regarding medical collections - first send a DV letter - this is Debt Validation.    Then if you agree, arrange a PFD  - Pay for delete.  If they won't delete, then pay and then send goodwill letters.

OR you can google 'Medical  HIPAA" which is another way to get rid of medical collections, can't be discussed at this forum.  What this is - basically, is paying the OC (Original Creditor) and then the CA ( collection agency) has no right to report the collection, thereby deleting it.  Many steps to this process and lengthy, so IMO, PFD is the quickest way.

Some CA"s accept PFD, some don't.

(You should also print out the "list of common abbreviations" so you can learn the language here).

If you get stuck, just post the specifics of the collection and you will get all the help and encouragement you need here.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the feedback. I have been reading the posts but sometimes get mixed views for some issues.Again thanks for feedback and I will follow your advice because I get stumped on some of the abbreviations.

Message 3 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I was stumped, too.  I remember finding this forum and just going away bc it was so confusing.....but I finally found my way around.  (Wish I woulda stuck it out to read about PFD's just 2 days before I paid with no delete!)  It will be worth your time.  There is no better source of info.  And the success stories are just astounding.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.