Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical collections

tag
quagmeyer
Established Member

medical collections

lokking for advice on how to go about getting 2 medical collections removed ca is paul michael marketing $300 total have cash to pif but need removed from reports will pfd offer be considered on medical collection or should i e looking in a diffrent direction . any response would be considered helpful

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: medical collections

Message 2 of 8
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Personally, I would avoid a PFD.  Before doing a PFD, do an internet search for "whychat HIPAA".  The HIPAA process is used for removing medical debts, but this process is no longer discussed on these boards.

ETA:  After the follow-up post from guiness on 3/24, I realized I should clarify this post.  The HIPAA process is used for removing medical debts that have been paid in full to the OC.

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

PFD works just as well and is way quicker than going the HIPPA route.

It really depends on how soon the OP would want them gone.

Message 4 of 8
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

But can you still do HIPAA if you try a PFD first and fail?  I was under the impression that once you contact the CA, that the HIPAA process technically won't work anymore.

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The HIPPA process is actually for paid collections to an OC.

I have seen it work with a CA.  But, just like a PFD, there are no guarantees.

Message 6 of 8
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

The HIPPA process is actually for paid collections to an OC.

I have seen it work with a CA.  But, just like a PFD, there are no guarantees.

Yes, that is how I understand it.  I am under the impression that the HIPAA process only works if you deal with the OC (and ONLY the OC).  Once you have any communication with the CA, I believe HIPAA "privacy" is now thrown out the window since you willing discussed the account with them. Technically, this gives them a "business purpose" to have your file and to report it since they have actually had communications with you.  However, if you leave the CA completely out of the loop and deal only with the OC, then the HIPAA process comes into play since the CA has no right to have information on a paid medical issue due to HIPAA privacy.

These comments are based on my interpretation of the HIPAA process and why it works for removing CA's.  However, the whole process is confusing to me, so I could be completely wrong Smiley Surprised

Good luck with whichever path you decide to try.

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@valley_man0505 wrote:

Yes, that is how I understand it.  I am under the impression that the HIPAA process only works if you deal with the OC (and ONLY the OC).  Once you have any communication with the CA, I believe HIPAA "privacy" is now thrown out the window since you willing discussed the account with them. Technically, this gives them a "business purpose" to have your file and to report it since they have actually had communications with you.  However, if you leave the CA completely out of the loop and deal only with the OC, then the HIPAA process comes into play since the CA has no right to have information on a paid medical issue due to HIPAA privacy.

These comments are based on my interpretation of the HIPAA process and why it works for removing CA's.  However, the whole process is confusing to me, so I could be completely wrong Smiley Surprised

Good luck with whichever path you decide to try.

After almost 2 years here I still don't understand it.  Smiley Sad

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.