Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical debt

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

medical debt

I only had (1) medical debt...paid it off in FULL and had it removed....how many points does this generally give?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: medical debt

@damnedanddetermined wrote:

I only had (1) medical debt...paid it off in FULL and had it removed....how many points does this generally give?

I'm also interested in knowing too, I have one too (medical $60) PIF reported early May and I called and they will report it to be removed on June 3rd - I'll post here the results.

Message 2 of 7
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

awesome!!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine were more
around $2500
And $250

Each increased 20 - 35 points
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That really depends on the size and age of your file and how many other derogs you have. If it's your only derog, you could expect a nice boost in points. But if you have other collections, judgements, lates or anything like that, the effect will be minimal.

But no matter your file, congrats! Each baddie down is a win!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine above ... I had 3 bad medical debts. Had 2 removed. One is still on my credit report marked as paid. It was $500
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine appears as following:

1) EX - wasn't reported at all (Current FICO 714)

2) EQ - Reported as paid (Current FICO 683)

3) TU - Showing a $60 balance (Current FICO 693)

CA confirmed that they will ask for deletion on June 3rd so I hope to see what happens with the EQ & TU scores. 

Interesting that TU is higher although still reporting a balance.

EX is higher than EQ & TU - and it is not reported there at all (although obviously other factors exist too).

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.