Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medical judgment That's not mine!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

medical judgment That's not mine!

I have a medical Judgment that's not mine and belongs to my mother and father but since I have the same exact name as my father it was put on my credit report since 07 and I just found out about it this year when I tried to get a car and a card! I found out the plaintiffs attorney's were going to renew the judgment! I contacted the Plaintiffs attorney and they agreed it was a mistake and they would fix it as soon as possibe at the county court But still have done nothing! I am trying to buy our first home for my family but can't because of it! My Loan officer was nice enough to call the attorneys as well to see if he could get a letter from them stating the judgment did not belong to me to help us get a home and they told him the same thing they told me. I was in the Air force from 2000-2010 so there is proof I never had a medical bill in that time and anyways I've never had a medical before or after that time! My loan officer adviced me to speak to a Attorney and maybe could get money out of it?  Can I get an Attorney and sue? I didnt want to sue and would have rather them take it off but it seems they are not going to do it? Any advice  please?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: medical judgment That's not mine!

There are specific steps involved with the CRAs to clear this up.  It's actually not the reporting of the debt that's at fault, it's the CRAs for attaching it to your CR.  I would deal with them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: medical judgment That's not mine!

Does CRA stand for credit report agency? If so I already disputed it and nothing was done. In the court record Its my name thats attached by my moms name ex. (not real name) John Doe jr. But if they had my dad's name on there like it should have been it would say John Doe.  So di.sputing it did not work cause it has my exact name on the report.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.