Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

merchandise credit to build

tag
bsal
Frequent Contributor

merchandise credit to build

Has anyone heard of getting merchandise credit from ox publishing to build up your credit? I heard of this year's ago I was wondering if it still works?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: merchandise credit to build

Not sure who ox publishing is.

I started with Fingerhut and Gettington in 11/2014, as I had to few accounts.  I knew my Utilization and Payment history were spot on.  So I simply began gardening, and opened 2 new accounts every 3-4 months, and now have 20+

13 months later I went from 600s to 700s and have both United MileagePlus 8k, Amazon Signature Visa 6.5k.

YES, you will OVERPAY with Fingerhut and Gettington, but it's worth the price.

Message 2 of 6
AutoBot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I started with Fingerhut and Gettington in 11/2014, as I had to few accounts.

How difficult was getting approved for FingerHut? Scores at that time?

Message 3 of 6
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Does fingerhut report to all 3 credit bureaus? And I also have few accounts but I have 1 credit card with 94% utilization do you think it will still be wise to apply for fingerhut or just pay down my balance on my 94% credit card?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bsal wrote:
Does fingerhut report to all 3 credit bureaus? And I also have few accounts but I have 1 credit card with 94% utilization do you think it will still be wise to apply for fingerhut or just pay down my balance on my 94% credit card?

Pay down the credit card and then get a second and third account established. I would not go the FH route. Depending on your profile, you could see 50 points just by getting that card out of the red.

Message 5 of 6
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Norman I will pay down debt first
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.