Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

midland credit need help

tag
ebf156
Valued Member

midland credit need help

hi folks all new to me just started to attack all of my credit problems.midland credit is on all 3 reports from a very old verizon bill i contacted them the bill was 1897.27 they asked for 758.90 and they would consider this paid i was on my eq account i noticed they were reporting i had made payments to them in 2013 and 2014 can somebody explain to me what is going on. i have agreed to pay them this month the adjusted amount they wanted is this some of the tricks i am reading on this board.

help please thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: midland credit need help

Welcome to the forum 

What we tell everyone is agree to a PFD before paying 

PFD=pay for delete

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/m-p/4519/highlight/true#M1...

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
ebf156
Valued Member

already tryed they say its against the law for them to delete.

Message 3 of 4
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

I paid them myself, then got the State Attorney Generals Office in California, BBB and CFPB involved. They were reporting payment history which is an FCRA violation. FYI, Attorney General's office in California is the one that got them to "make the business decision" to remove the two tradelines they had listed from my report. 

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.