Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

midland funding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

midland funding

I am trying to clean my credit I have an old TMOBILE account  which is being handled by Midland Credit Management.  Can someone tell me what is the best way to deal with them.  Back in 2012 they sent a settlement offer of 50% .  Obviously I ignored them but now I want to clear this out of my credit in they offer to settle at a 60%.  Is there anyway to get them to agreet o 50% or less.  What is the best route, call, email or letter.  Should I send a PFD or a letter to verify the account.  Thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myesha87
Contributor

Re: midland funding

If you read some of the other post you will see that they are tough to deal with.  This is what I did, I paid T-mobile directly the entire amount and they agreed tol delete it. I made sure to have the agreement before I paid.  It's very hard to get Midland to delete anything which is the goal but they will settle.  If you only want to settle just tell them what you have and they will accept it. People have settled with them for less.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response.  Tmobile is not currently listed on my Credit Report only Mindland is.  Would you happen to have their email/contact info.  Thanks. 

Message 3 of 14
myesha87
Contributor

I dont.  I just called T-mobile's credit department.  They were not listed on my report either but they were the original creditor.  I would try to reach out to them first before you pay Midland anything.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just shared this in another post about Midland and thought it may be helpful, since it was also with T-Mobile! ....

I had an account in collections by Midland.  They kept calling and I kept saying send me documentation of the debt and all would send me is their statement.  I disputed on credit bureaus to no avail.  I probably owed about $80-90 but the amount in collection was quite a bit more and they would only settle for 50% -- which was more than I actually owed.  I would have paid it if it got the item off my otherwise spotless (after a lot of work) credit report, but it would still remain on it for two more years.

Finally, I submitted on the CFPB website.  I received a response a a week or two later that they were legally in compliance with credit reporting requirments, but it included a reply from the agency that in good faith they were removing the item from my credit reports.  Needless to say, I was shocked.  

So before you give up on trying to fix a mistake with them -- and get tired of the repeated phone calls which ignore your requests -- try the CFPB.  We're certainly paying enough tax payer money to fund them!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im a little confused that did you submit to the cfpb.  Did you have to pay any money at all?  Thanks 

Message 7 of 14
eric19k
Established Contributor

Ok. I'm currently fighting Midland. Once investigation will be completed I will post results. So far they closed collection and stopped reporting. Now I'm trying to remove it completely. Also i was able to make them remove interest charge and report actual balance
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not have to pay any money, though gladly would have paid 50% for the guarantee it would come of my credit report.  But didn't even have to do that.

Message 9 of 14

I have had the most trouble with Midland!  I just sent in a complaint with cfpb.  I really hope this one sticks.  Midland has more that doubled the balance of my account in four years, and refuses to negotiate a resonable settlement amount!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.