Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

midland funding

tag
jaeproc
Contributor

Re: midland funding

I was able to get midland to delete a tmobile bill I had with them,  by simply sending them a dv letter. They were claiming I owed $1200, but in reality it was like $400. It doesn't hurt to try. Do u feel as though the balance is correct??  And if the balance  is correct they may not have the documentation to support it. They were only reporting for about a year before I sent them the a request for DV.

Message 11 of 14

I dv'd them years ago.  Didn't do anything Smiley Sad  I've disputed with the credit reporting agencies, and the info always comes back verified by Midland, so they take it.  I don't have any documentation so I feel stuck.

Message 12 of 14
AAG1903
Established Member

I'm in the same boat--do you have a copy of the DV letter you sent?

@jaeproc wrote:

I was able to get midland to delete a tmobile bill I had with them,  by simply sending them a dv letter. They were claiming I owed $1200, but in reality it was like $400. It doesn't hurt to try. Do u feel as though the balance is correct??  And if the balance  is correct they may not have the documentation to support it. They were only reporting for about a year before I sent them the a request for DV.

CK starting score 514, goal 600 in 6 months or less
Message 13 of 14
jaeproc
Contributor

I  live in pennsylvania. I did some research on pennsylvania debt validation laws and found out my state has a special debt validation act . It's called pennsylvania fair credit extension uniformity act.  Google your state debt validation laws, there is a big chance your state has something put in place for these crooks. In addition my letter wasn't special just basically asking them for proof that indeed this is my account, signed signature,itemized billing, original creditor, evidence your license to receive payment on this debt,etc.... I did make sure I stated this debt is being disputed and validation is requested pursuant to the pennsylvania fair credit extension and uniformity act.  HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.