Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

midland the beast

tag
adio413
Regular Contributor

midland the beast

i have a collection (as opposed to a charge off) on my CR from midland for $1222. i want to dv them and possibly do a PFD, but for every 10 threads i read on here about midland, only 2 people get a tradeline deleted off all 3 reports. it seems like people go through the credit bureas, the BBB and maybe even an attorney general to do disputes but i have ZERO proof of anything to defend myself. i mean ZERO yall, maybe even -1 to help myself!!!

what should be my 1st step with them? they're 1 of my big three bills

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
adio413
Regular Contributor

Re: midland the beast

feel free to pm me any info you dont want the public to know also Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 12
climbinghigher
Valued Member

Hey 413, what state are you in? What is the sol?

Message 3 of 12
jmyers76
New Contributor

Midland is indeed the beast, perhaps not of revelations but a close second runner up.    THey ve been sued by several states, mostly under robo signed affidavits, and their collection practices.  Ok i understand you got zilch, no certified dvs, no paperwork, nothing. The beuty is though, they dont know you have zilch.  You see where im going with this?  Debt collectors are in the game to make money,  you cost them money, by suing them. Potentially even if they win, they are out an average 30,000 dollars in legal fees.  The first step they ll probably offer when in receipt of small claims court is to offer to delete in exchange for dropping your lawsuit.   Frankly the more pro active you are the better your chances to stick it to these creeps.  Why not comb through the fcrda, fcra, and all others that apply, dont forget your state statutes.  Find something that they ve violated, with Midland it wont be hard, they re jerks.   THen file in small claims court against them.  They ll take you much more seriously then.  ~Good luck

ps , if you really want to piss them off, mention Brim V Midland. *snicker*,

Message 4 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Do you have an actual basis for dispute of the debt or of any credit reporting made, or is your issue that they just wont delete?

Message 5 of 12
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Midland resold and resold ..I had no problem getting removed and it was a $5100 debt! I believe for starters a DV is in order..Don't be intimidated they are worthless and are buttheads.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 6 of 12
Terrie1977
New Contributor

My midland collection was deleted via DV.

I am in SC and the SOL was over in 2010.

I had it deleted in December.

Good luck!

Current Score : 625 FICO 03/07/2012
05/11/2012 641 FICO
06/03/2012 671 FICO
06/18/2012 678 FICO
Message 7 of 12
adio413
Regular Contributor

when it occured i was living in pennsylvania, i now live in MD. i believe Pa's SOL is 4 years

@climbinghigher wrote:

Hey 413, what state are you in? What is the sol?

Message 8 of 12
adio413
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Do you have an actual basis for dispute of the debt or of any credit reporting made, or is your issue that they just wont delete?

its more so they won't delete to be perfectly honest here. the credit card was so long ago, i barley remember it. at the time my wife (then fiancee) opened it to "help me with my credit". i have touched credit cards since 97-98 ( except for the secured applied bank one i have now.... just got it back in may). the only dispute i have is' my wife opened it, but i  didn't use it. its on my credit report. i'll give you money to get rid of it."

Message 9 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the account and debt are legitimate, they can report at any time provided their reporting is not knowingly inaccurate.

So I dont see a basis for dispute or inappropriate reporting.

I assume that any DV at this point would be untimely, so they have no restrictions should you DV. 

It appears that offering a PFD is your option, and acceptance is their option.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.