Did you mean: 

midland

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: midland

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi-

I've been living out of the country for about 3.5yrs.  I just got back a few months ago and have suddenly received a letter from Midland claiming I have an unpaid account with Verizon. I did have Verizon before I moved out of the country--but that was 100% paid and closed out properly before I left.

What do I do?  Can any one suggest a sample letter to write to get them to verify the debt or do I contact Verizon or???

I'm kind of in a state over this....

Thanks,

Jenna

I would do two things:

1) Contact Verizon and ask for the last couple of bills. Maybe something slipped by or they billed after you left. While you are on the phone, ask to see if they own the debt.

2) DV the CA.

Message 11 of 16
chamire
Contributor

Thats true

EQ542 TRAN582 EX565:
Current Score:EQ 635 TRAN 631 EX 603
Goal Score: 750

Start out : 24 negative accounts collections/chargeoff
Current : 5 remaining 2 unpaid 72 total positive accounts:Long two year battle finally i can see light
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping someone would be able to share their Midland info with me as well...

Thank you for your help!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for help?

Does anyone have the email address of edited CEO of Encore Group (aka Midland Credit Managment)?  Can you send it to me, please?  Midland is a bear to deal with at the "account manager" level.  Thanks in advance!

Edited to remove someone else's name. In the future, feel free to PM that info back and forth or feel free to post from the source per the name, like in the link below - llecs, myFICO moderator

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=115920&p=irol-govBio&ID=135200

or via sites like this:

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-989-492-7997

Message 14 of 16
esme
Regular Contributor

Can someone pls PM me a good contact for Midland? I have an account that is PIF that I would like to have deleted. Thanks.

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

any luck getting contact info for midland? 

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.