Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage late

tag
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Re: mortgage late

This is for an auto loan with wf by the way.
Message 11 of 23
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@bodybuilder510 wrote:
I was late 30 days on February 2009 and paid March 2nd. The 30 day mark shows on February of that year. I may have different situation.

So your payment was due Feb 1st and you paid March 2nd? Not much leeway on your 30 day lates from WF eh?! haha

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 23
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Exactly, I tried fighting and getting it off... They reply" we can not remove accurate information" I never do business with wells fargo again. No credit cards, bank accounts nothing.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing payment was for October not November. I paid three times in November(got the pay being held at county level) paid forvthe October payment on 2 nd of nov the November payment on the 12 th and the December payment on the 28 . I have a copy of this history from my online WF as well as bank records regarding when checks cleared. Does anyone see any potential problem with disputing this with CB with WF history?
Message 14 of 23
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Missing payment was for October not November. I paid three times in November(got the pay being held at county level) paid forvthe October payment on 2 nd of nov the November payment on the 12 th and the December payment on the 28 . I have a copy of this history from my online WF as well as bank records regarding when checks cleared. Does anyone see any potential problem with disputing this with CB with WF history?

Well, here is the thing about the dsipute. Best case scenerio, they update the reporting to reflect Oct..  Is that what you are hoping to obtain?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best case scenario would be if WF did not respond to the dispute at all.....mortgage closing end of July paperwork may be in flux....and the late disappears forever. Next best is at least the record should reflect the correct month the payment was late. October is a little better for applying for a mortgage ...one month sooner. Just torn between writing directly to WF and taking the revised date ....or taking chances that the CB will actually look at info provided and remove the late Nov or the WF will not respond
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I am a bit concerned that the dispute will take all of mortgage history out of play... If it just takes the 30 day late out that's fine just don't want to jeopardize entire mortgage trade line (6 years of history) Thanks for your help
Message 17 of 23
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

WF responds... Fairly quickly. Go with a cra dispute and see what happens. I would do my best and call some one higher up in WF as well.
Message 18 of 23
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Direct dispute with WF is a safer option.
Message 19 of 23
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Wouldnt a mortgage underwriter just look into your previous mortgage with a fine tooth comb and just find out you were late anyways? Why go through all the hassle and end up being denied anyways? whars one more month of patience?

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.