Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple 90 day lates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

multiple 90 day lates

Say just for the sake of discussion a person(me)hit a real rough patch in their life and amassed like 5 90's from 3 different creditors over a year and a half time frame. They are getting older (newest 90 is 5 years old) and one of these major derogs falls off. I know that the remaining 4 will still have a very noticeable effect on scores. That being said, could one reasonably expect a 5 or 10 point jump from one of these going bye bye? I ask for two reasons. 1. I am considering a second auto loan and have one dropping off in three months anyway. I am thinking of waiting until it drops. And 2. I am trying gw letters. Say I am only partially successful and manage to get rid of two or three of the 5 in the next 3 months. Will I notice a difference if I still have a couple remaining? Will the two or three I shed help my score?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: multiple 90 day lates

@Anonymous wrote:
Say just for the sake of discussion a person(me)hit a real rough patch in their life and amassed like 5 90's from 3 different creditors over a year and a half time frame. They are getting older (newest 90 is 5 years old) and one of these major derogs falls off. I know that the remaining 4 will still have a very noticeable effect on scores. That being said, could one reasonably expect a 5 or 10 point jump from one of these going bye bye? I ask for two reasons. 1. I am considering a second auto loan and have one dropping off in three months anyway. I am thinking of waiting until it drops. And 2. I am trying gw letters. Say I am only partially successful and manage to get rid of two or three of the 5 in the next 3 months. Will I notice a difference if I still have a couple remaining? Will the two or three I shed help my score?

You might see a few points, i would not expect a bigger boost until your last 90 is dropped and then the amount of the bump will be contingent on any other derogs that still might be present.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kinda what I expected. Maybe a small increase but nothing to write home about. When the last of these major derogs drops off, all that should be seen is like a few old 30's that will be aging by then as I have not made a single late payment in 2 years. Maybe at that point gw will work for these as these will be older and they are not major derogs. Maybe...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another note I kinda thought that I would be camped out in the 700 to 725 range until all of these major derogs drop off. I know these are a major derogatory.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.