Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple lates on CC account

tag
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

multiple lates on CC account

I have a couple accounts that have multiples lates, like 6 going from 30days to 120days late.  Is that something worth GW or is it too much?

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: multiple lates on CC account

@Jess21 wrote:

I have a couple accounts that have multiples lates, like 6 going from 30days to 120days late.  Is that something worth GW or is it too much?

Anything you can GW is usually worth it IMO ~ only costs you a stamp / email / phone call.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1

Any late that is 90 days or later is a major derog, the removal of that would benefit your scores and the overall health of your CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

More important in a GW is WHY you were late.

Asking for GW if you had a catastrophic family situation, for example, that has now been overcome is much different than requesting sympathy because your were negligent or lazy in your payments.

Message 4 of 5
Jess21
Frequent Contributor

they are from 4-5 yrs ago when i got pregnant and was very high risk, got into a car accident while pregnant and had to be monitored closely the entire pregnancy bc of many many complications with me and the baby.  Eneded up with a premature baby with lots of medical conditions and special needs.  I couldnt work to stay on top of my bills.   Not that i am supporting my actions but at the point my school loans were the last thing on my mind!

Equifax: 676 (myfico) Experian: 683(myfico) TransUnion: 689 (Barclays)

Current Goal: 700
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.