Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my BFF Crap 1

tag
sweetiebee143
Established Member

my BFF Crap 1

I have searched and searched these forums for a letter that resembles what I need. This is the only "bad" thing on my credit and I want it off immediately I have a charge off account with stupid Capital One ($1900). From reading everyone's horror stories, I know my chances at a PFD are slim to none. What I would like to do is write a letter and request some sort of payment arrangement. I will gladly pay in full if they agree to remove the "charge off status." I don't care if they keep it on there as a tradeline.. I would just prefer to not have "charge off" next to it (obviously). I don't have the money to pay all at once, but could possibly do a few large payments to get it taken care of. Would this still be considered a PFD? Or is there some other sort of format I need to use? Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
TU 579 EQ 525 - 3/10/2009
TU 579 EQ 528 - 3/13/2009
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tblank65
New Contributor

Re: my BFF Crap 1

need a little more in....how long ago, have you made contact with cap 1 yet?
Message 2 of 8
sweetiebee143
Established Member

DOLA was 10/2007. I live in California. Their collections department used to call me but I told them not to contact me by telephone anymore. That was about a year ago. I recently called them ( about 3 months ago) and they told me that since my account was tagged as "cease and decist" that they would need me to fax something to them authorizing them to speak with me on the phone again.
Message 3 of 8
tblank65
New Contributor

go back to the original page of rebuilding your credit. .....at the top you will see some post from sidewinder....follow them.....but it isnt going to happen overnite
Message 4 of 8
sweetiebee143
Established Member

Thank you for the advice but it doesn't really answer my question. I need to know if there's a different format of a letter that I would use to request that the status on my account be changed from charge off. Like.. I'm not sure how to word "I know I didn't pay, but I would like to make payments now.. would you please please not report me as a charge off?" I know that I am at risk of them saying no and proceeding with legal action and that it's extra risky since I can't PIF right now. Has anyone had any luck with anything similar to this with capital one?
Message 5 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Just be careful and be ready to PIF.  It sounds as if this is still within the SOL.  Cap 1 is very sue happy.  They also don't do GW's or PFD's but it is definitely worth a try. 

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

When was your DOFD??
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 8
sweetiebee143
Established Member

I believe 10/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.