Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my credit journey

tag
fancypants7
Valued Member

my credit journey

Hi All,

I've been lurking on the boards since Jan of this year when my wife and I decided to pull our reports and clean up our credit. Here is our journey thus far thanks to all the wisdom and advice on this board:

Wife:  (TU score in Jan: 665, TU score in Feb: 769; EQF score in Jan: 629, EQF score on Feb: 726)

Dillard's CC: 30-day-late - GW letter sent - REMOVED

Capital One CC: 30-day-late - GW letter and email sent - REMOVED 

Best Buy/Capital One CC : three 30-day-lates - two GW letters sent - Still on and can't get a response beyond "we report accurat...yada, yada, yada" 

Enhanced Recovery - collection from 2009, $129 - REMOVED

Credit Protection - collection from 2010, $25 - REMOVED

Asset Acceptance - collection from 2006 $210 - DV and PFD sent with no response (this is due to fall off in November anyway so might just leave it alone if they never      

respond.

Me: Myfico score 660 (didn't get my score prior to Feb)

Comp USA CC: 30-day-late - disputed with CRA as I was never late on this account, still waiting to hear results

Crate & Barell (Comentiy Bank) CC: 30-day-late - GW letter sent with "we report accurate info....." Missed payment as I thought card was paid off. 

Care Credit (GECRB) CC: 2 30-day-late - GW letter sent with "we report accuate info..." thought it was odd that I can't get through since Dillard's was with same bank

and got wife got Dillard's late removed so easily. 

Medical Collection - $121 - REMOVED and paid

Alliance One - collection from 2010 $75 - DV sent since I don't remember getting a ticket in Seattle and have never received a letter from them. I live in Texas so  

I am waiting to 30 day mark.

Xerox State and Local - Paid collection - I have no idea what this is for, if it is mine and who paid it. Will take care of this last since at least it is paid. 

Next Steps:

1. wait for DV for Alliance One

2. wait for PFD response for Asset Accept

3. find email and more contacts for Best Buy

4. find email contacts for Crate & Barrel and Care Credit

If anyone has emails for any of these above I would very much apprecite it. After we get some of the issues cleared up, we will then concentrate on raising credit limits, paying down credit cards so we are at a 10% usage, maybe apply for better credit cards. In the end, we would like to refinance our house for a better rate and wife is looking to buy a new car this year. 

Thanks again for all the help on these boards! With out everyone here, we wouldn't have gotten anywhere.You guys all rock! 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: my credit journey

Message 2 of 9
Jane_O
New Contributor

Great job!!!! Can you please pm me the email and GW letter you used for capital one????
Message 3 of 9
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Can you also PM me the e-mail for Capital One? I sent a GW letter but would like to send an e-mail as well to get rid of one 30 day late.

Message 4 of 9
BS3
New Contributor

I am also interested in the Capital One email as I am trying to get a 30 day removed.  The letters havent worked :-( Thank you so much!!

Message 5 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@Jane_O wrote:
Great job!!!! Can you please pm me the email and GW letter you used for capital one????

There is a google link in the EO guide (step 3) that will give you the email in the top results:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-a-PC-or-CLI-from-Capital-One/td-p/1690104

It's better to start with the GW templates here and then write your own personal one based on your situation.

Message 6 of 9
fancypants7
Valued Member

A little progress and a big score jump. It is good to see some progress. 

Me: Myfico score 660 (FEB) - UPDATED SCORE: 759

Comp USA CC: 30-day-late - disputed with CRA as I was never late on this account - DELETED

Crate & Barell (Comentiy Bank) CC: 30-day-late - GW letter sent with "we report accurate info....." Missed payment as I thought card was paid off. 

Care Credit (GECRB) CC: 2 30-day-late - GW letter sent with "we report accuate info..." thought it was odd that I can't get through since Dillard's was with same bank

and got wife got Dillard's late removed so easily. 

Medical Collection - $121 - REMOVED and paid

Alliance One - collection from 2010 $75 - DV sent since I don't remember getting a ticket in Seattle and have never received a letter from them. I live in Texas so  

I am waiting to 30 day mark. - DELETED FROM TU, VERIFIED ON EXPERIAN - sent DV to get off experian since this isn't 

mine

Xerox State and Local - Paid collection - I have no idea what this is for, if it is mine and who paid it. Will take care of this last since at least it is paid. 

Still trying to GW Crate & Barrell and Care Credit. Am trying to find Executive Office info for both and will send GW emails. Once the errors are taken care of, I'll start planning all the things I can do to imporve our scores by increasing credit limits, opening new accounts and so on. 

Message 7 of 9
fancypants7
Valued Member

I'm a little frustrated now. Seemed like in two months ago things were just falling off and GW's were happening left and right. Guess I'm down to the hold outs now so it seems harder. Here is the update:

Alliance One - sent PFD so we will see what happens. I'm now looking up more contacts I get PFDs to. After DV'ing, apparently, this is mine, I forgot about a fast business trip to Seattle a number of years ago (I travel a lot for work, it's hard to keep up)  and I must have gotten a partking ticket on my rental car. 

Asset Acceptance - these peeps are not fun. I've sent numerous PFD's by mail and email. I even emailed the CEO and he replyed back that he was forwarding my email to someone in the compliance department. I even found that person's  email and emailed them. Found other contacts and emailed and snailed them. No one is replying back to anything! the only reply was the CEO saying he would pass it to someone who was supposed to contact me and never did. This will fall of the report this year and has been out of SOL for three years so I'm not too worried. I own my home with no plans of moving so if no one contacts me back, they can eat it. I would like to pay as I feel it's the moral thing to do, but I guess my annoyance is getting the better of me. They even sent me a 50% of settlement in January and I replyed that I'd pay the whole 100% if they would remove it. 

Any advice on conquering the last annyoances is appreciated. 

Besides that I've now hit a brick wall on the GW for the last 30-day lates. Capital One ownes Best Buy now and I did get through to the EO but I guess since there are three on there they weren't as forgiving as the were for my capital one card that only had one 30-day late they deleted. The Care credit and Crate & Barrel cards are hitting a stone wall too. I keep getting dispute letters back from them. 

Guess I'll just keep churning out the letters and emails. I've been to the post office more in these last couple of months than I have been in my entrie life. On a positive note, the scores seem to be climbing and doing pretty well. 

Message 8 of 9
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

That is good progress so far! I've heard cap one isn't too easy to work with!! Can I ask how you got credit protection association removed? Did you PFD or GW? 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.