Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my dilemma

tag
nvineyard
New Visitor

my dilemma

So I have recently started to repair my credit and it has been a slow go. My credit started out at 620 and is now at 579. I have 4 derogatory marks and 7 inquiries. My questions are mostly related to the derogatory marks. All 4 are collection agencies with the highest one being $550.00. My plan was to pay them off but after googling a little bit I now wonder if that's such a good idea.

Most if not all 4 of these should be at the 7 year mark by the end of this year. One is already past the 7 year mark Trident Collections, which was hired by BMG music. Amount owed is 70.00...

So my questions are

Should I start paying on these debts now?

Is there a way I can see when the accounts will drop off? To the best of my knowledge all these collections began in 2006 after I lost my job because of a motorcycle accident.

How long does it take inquiries to fall off?

Just looking for the best plan of action. According to Credit Karma all other aspects on my report are A's and B's where as my derogatory marks and inquiries are F and D but both have a high impact.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shae123
Contributor

Re: my dilemma

@nvineyard wrote:

One is already past the 7 year mark Trident Collections, which was hired by BMG music. Dispute as Obsolete

How long does it take inquiries to fall off? 2 years

Message 2 of 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Hello, welcome to the forums. Smiley Happy

Have you pulled your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com yet? There you will find a lost of useful information about the things reporting to each bureau. You can get your reports there once a year for free. Once you have done this and you see your debts, you can send the collection agencies a DV to see what you owe, the orginial creditor, amount, and etc. From there that's when you would start to pay them off in exchange for deletions.

Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Start with pulling your FREE CR's from (ACR) annualcreditreport.com . they tend to have more info on them, then ones from a 3rd   party.   The CR's from ACR, come directly from each of the CRA's. You can pull 1 Free CR from TU,EQ and EX every 12 months.

Save your money and Don't Buy the Scores, they are what we call FAKO's.

these will ill give you a better understanding of how old they are and when they are expected to be excluded.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.