Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my score is 513

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my score is 513

I had a very bad history with my credit and this month I made a good commission and is able to pay all my bills.

I have a delinquent credit card from Armed Forces Bank  for $479.78 past due by 120

two accounts in collection: Phone bills from Sprint and T-Mobile.  The sprint i know of the T mobile I have no idea.  I have an installation (5K)loan that i have being current with since January 2008. I became late November when i lost my job.  Today, I mailed them the payment and will be caught up.

I have a capital one that is current, no late fees  and I recently got a Orchard Bank card for a limit of $330, last month. This orchard acct has not reported on any of my credit yet.

My question how much of a bump in my credit score will I see when i clear these past bill and start fresh?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: my score is 513

Is the CC from Armed Forces still open? Get it paid ASAP before it is charged off or sent to collections, hopefully it will remain open.

Paying collections do nothing for your score. You want to PFD on collections, but never before DV'ing. Know your SOL before you do anything though. SOL on cell phones is 2 years from last payment date. Is the SOL expired on these accounts? What is DOFD?

If the cell phones are your only collections and you can get those removed, you might see some gain.

Without knowing the status of the AF CC and your total util, can't speak much for how paying it will effect your score.

Is that a FICO or FAKO score? Have you pulled your free annual reports?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Armed forces card was charged off, but it was not sent to collections. i called them yesterday and it's still with there office.  I mailed them a check immediately to clear it up. 

Some of the terms i don't understand- what is SOL, PFD, DOFD(as you can see, i am very new to this board). I am determined to fix my credit and so far, i am learning a lot from this board.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

also, I pulled my three Fico scores from here yesterday:

Trans 509 Exp. 513, EQ 478

Message 4 of 6
johnsj21
Regular Contributor

Hi fixingscore - welcome to the boards!  Self-education is the BEST way to repair and rebuild!  Start by reading the "stickies" at the top of the messageboard....they are a great help!

9/26/08 TU: 528 EQ: 558 EX: 560
11/7/08 TU:584 EQ:601 EX 600
7/21/09 TU:636 EQ:626
12/27/11 TU: 675 EQ:680
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much. I am learning so much from this board. This month I paid of my capital one credit card and it's now at Zero balance.  I also paid off my installation loan. Now I have the two collections on my credit (Spint and T-mobile). I disputed them and waiting to hear something. 

It's encouraging to me to see that your scores have improved from Sept to Nov.

Message Edited by fixingscore09 on 12-04-2008 10:55 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.