Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO Score Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO Score Update

So, I am finding myself being rather obsessive over the direction my scores are going over the last few weeks - given that I have paid off 3 collections, paid down 3 CC balances to under 20% CU, and obtained new credit. It goes without saying I've been keeping a close (and impatient) eye on it. This evening, I received a notification from Experian (I have a 30 day free trial to their monitoring service) saying that my EX score had gone up 11 pts due to my lower CU being reported on my Fingerhut account  - their service reported my Experian score at a 614 (woot woot!). When I went to double check my account on here, however, it is still saying 603 (bummer!).

Are myFICO scores updated as they change? Or is it a monthly score? I have subscribed to their 3B service so that I could stay right on top of things and don't have to do with the horrendeous FACKO scores I was getting from CreditKarma (they have me 50 pts less than what I'm actually at). I'd like to try my hand at a Cap1 again toward the end of the month (I was denied when I tried last night), but don't want to do so until I feel more confident that my score has gone up.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: myFICO Score Update

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I am finding myself being rather obsessive over the direction my scores are going over the last few weeks - given that I have paid off 3 collections, paid down 3 CC balances to under 20% CU, and obtained new credit. It goes without saying I've been keeping a close (and impatient) eye on it. This evening, I received a notification from Experian (I have a 30 day free trial to their monitoring service) saying that my EX score had gone up 11 pts due to my lower CU being reported on my Fingerhut account  - their service reported my Experian score at a 614 (woot woot!). When I went to double check my account on here, however, it is still saying 603 (bummer!).

Are myFICO scores updated as they change? YES! Or is it a monthly score? I have subscribed to their 3B service so that I could stay right on top of things and don't have to do with the horrendeous FACKO scores I was getting from CreditKarma (they have me 50 pts less than what I'm actually at). I'd like to try my hand at a Cap1 again toward the end of the month (I was denied when I tried last night), but don't want to do so until I feel more confident that my score has gone up.

Your myFICO 3B scores will update regularly if and when a qualifying alert triggers an actual movement in one of your scores. An awful lot of my alerts don't result in any movement in a score even though all of them lately have been positive ones ie. lower UTI, new accts reporting, CLI's, etc. While some of these events have resulted in downward movement in my score for a particular bureau. Go figure!!! EX has been the flattest in terms of movement while both EX & TU have been going down since I signed up a little over a month ago,

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: myFICO Score Update

Thank you for the response. My score was updated accordingly this morning, so it was a legit increase! Woo hoo!! Still waiting on my other creditors to put in their updates for the month. Hoping for some time this coming week. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.