Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO alert...score went up!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO alert...score went up!!!

When I found this board about three weeks ago my EQ score was 538, a couple of days ago I was alerted that it was 541!!  Today I received an alert that it is 564!!.  I know, not a score to be proud of but 26 points is a big deal for me, I need all the help I can get!!

I did pay down about $6500 in cc debt, so this is probably why it increased, I think.  I still have to check my report to find out.  The decreased debt was already reporting the other day, so maybe one of my GW letters worked??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

Re: myFICO alert...score went up!!!

Every point helps! Congratulations, you're well on your way!
Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to find out what caused my score to go up by pulling an updated CR.  When I signed up here I pulled my EQ and TU reports on 1/26.  I know my EQ has gone up but should I pull a new EQ report to see what caused it to increase or a TU to see if my TU score has increased as well? 
Message 3 of 9
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

Honestly it's completely up to you. I'm a bit obsessive, so I'd buy both. But there's probably no reason. If you KNOW your EQ has gone up, then I would think it would make more sense to buy your TU to see if it has followed suit. That's completely an opinion, though. Congrats again!
Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'm becoming a bit obsessed myself and will probably pull both Smiley Wink.  I'm trying to get my score above that magic 620 (and clean up my CR) to buy my 'dream home'. 
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So here are the changes

1/26                             2/7

late payments                                  58                                 57

credit history (added AU)                   18 years                       31 years

Ratio of revolving credit                      63%                             26% (is actually less, paid off most cc's and they haven't all updated)

recently missed payment                   1 mo                             2 mo

revolving accts                                  $6926                            $7922 (increased, but may be due to AU added)

Also now have What's helping your FICO score before it showed nothing, today it shows AAoA of 7 yrs, 31 yr history

Change in balances....                       1/26                                2/7

Chase                                         $2903                               $2891 (should be around $150, not updated)

Citi                                              $2702                                $229 

Chase                                          $542                                     $0

I'm hoping to see another jump once these new balances get reported.  I know it'll be a month or so.  My LO is supposed to do a rapid rescore, so it may be sooner that I get another myFICO score alert.                       

Message 6 of 9
sonson
Regular Contributor

like said before, every point cuts, just seeing your score go up instead of down, is an exciting feeling, cause you know your doing something right. all takes time, but soon you will get up to the spot you want to be! keep at it!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the boost!!!  Smiley Very Happy

I agree...every point helps.  And paying down your balances is a certain point booster!  Just be careful with that AU acct!  What is their limit & what is their balance?  If they keep high balances, this could end up hurting you.  The good thing...you can always drop your name from acct if they become irresponsible!

Keep up the good work.  Slow & steady wins the race!  

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The AU account has a limit of $22000 and a balance of $4000.  I've paid all my cc's almost off (about $300 left on $6000 CL) and have yet to figure out if the AU is worth the 31 years of history added. It hasn't hit my TU account yet, so I'll see what it does to that CR when it does.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.