cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfico collection agency codes so people can payoff their debts?

tag
coinop

myfico collection agency codes so people can payoff their debts?

Hello,  I have some collection agencies listed on my equifax score and would like to pay off these debts but of course there is no actual information other than a code for a collection agency.  How do I find out who to pay?  The debt isnt handled by the original company anymore and the code is 155YC03610.

I did a google search for it but no luck.  I think it was a credit account held by ge money bank originally.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
electra
Established Contributor

Re: myfico collection agency codes so people can payoff their debts?

Hi Coinop, I had the same question. Smiley Happy  You need to get it off your actual Credit Reports.  You can get all three free at:  https://www.annualcreditreport.com

Message 2 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with electra ...

Start with pulling your FREE Credit Report's from annualcreditreport.com. They tend to have more info on them than ones from a 3rd party. The Credit Reports from annualcreditreport.com, come directly from each of the CRA's. You can pull 1 Free Credit Report from TU, EQ and EX every 12 months.

Save your money and Don't Buy the Scores, they are what we call FAKO's.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 7
electra
Established Contributor

Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Good advice up there.  Go to annualcreditreport.com and get those reports.  Get yourself a folder going.  One for each CRA, EQ, TU and EX.  This will help you keep everything organized.  Now you will take a look at each report, see what's good, see what's bad.   Post on here any questions or requests for help and we will be glad to assist you.  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Your question is the primary reason for FDCPA 809(a)..... requirement to send collection notice.

Identification of both who the creditor and debt collector are, and how to request debt validation from the debt collector, are requirements of a collection (dunning) notice that is required to be sent to the consumer within 5 days of their initial communication regarding the debt.

While they are prevented from sharing medical information with others, such as a CRA, that prohibition does not extend to personal communications with the consumer, and clear identification of their contact should have been provided via dunning notice.

Did they ever send dunning notice?

Message 6 of 7
coinop

Im sure they did 4 years ago, but I had moved 2 times since and it probably never caught up.  

I have since called the original company I owed money to, to find out and they claim they use 3 different collection agencies and would try to figure it out.  I think in the mean time, I will send off a dispute notice if I dont hear back from them soon.  

Thanks for the info everyone.  Ill just wait and see now.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.