Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfico scores question

tag
Gerri
New Contributor

myfico scores question

I had a baddie that was to fall off October, 2014 and it is still showing up on myfico.  It is from Experian and I have not gotten an alert of changes from myfico.  Anyway, I called today to ask why it was still there and the representative said that it is already off.  I told her that I have credit monitoring through myfico and had not gotten an alert as to a change on my score/report.  She said that they are a third party and there must be a delay before they pick up the change.  She is sending me a copy of my Experian report that shows the report without the account there.  My question is, does anyone know how long it takes for the changes to show up on myfico?  I didn't think to ask the representative when it was removed since she said the account was not showing up in my file.  I was happy to hear that but now am wondering just how current myfico file is.  Anyway, I did get the good news that file was officially deleted and so I can celebrate that milestone!  I am above 700 on both Transunion and Equifax and this should put me over on Experian.  

Starting Score: 599
Current Score: EQ-739,TU-738
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: myfico scores question

Hello!

Was this updating monthly? You might not receive a jump if nothnig was reporting. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 8
Gerri
New Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

Hello!

Was this updating monthly? You might not receive a jump if nothnig was reporting. 

It was not updating monthly but it was a chargeoff that had a balance.  I thought with a balance reporting it would change now that the trade line is removed.  Thanks for your reply Whitneyy.

Message 3 of 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Gerri wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

Hello!

It was not updating monthly but it was a chargeoff that had a balance.  I thought with a balance reporting it would change now that the trade line is removed.  Thanks for your reply Whitneyy.

Well in that case, you possibly could see a jump because of the ultization. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 8
Gerri
New Contributor

This is one that when I got an early exclusion from TU a few months ago I got a very nice bump there.

Message 5 of 8
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I'm curious as to how delayed things are. Now I'm not sure I want to continue with this service. I only use it for the score. I know what is showing on my reports.

Message 6 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@ah32 wrote:

I'm curious as to how delayed things are. Now I'm not sure I want to continue with this service. I only use it for the score. I know what is showing on my reports.

What value do you see in the score?

Message 7 of 8
js0319
Established Contributor

This is a common issue with the service. I am getting alerts from CK before I get alerts from MyFICO, so you're not alone. 

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.