navigating settlements without resetting SOL

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: navigating settlements without resetting SOL

@SSPA87 wrote:

How does this sound? 

To Whom it May Concern,

I am writing in regards to an account on my credit reports. The account number is XXX.  I am not disputing this debt, nor am I acknowledging any claim to this debt as I have not received any verification. I am simply contacting you in order to settle this account in exchange for removal from my credit reports. I am able to offer $XX to fully satisfy this debt and removal of this account from my credit reports.  I understand that this is not a commonly honored request but I would be extremely grateful if you would be so accommodating. 

I appreciate you taking the time to read and consider my request. 

Thank you!

Short sweet and to the point, this is what you want. I say go with it, you are not admitting the debt is yours and thats the key.

Message 11 of 14
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

Perfect! Thanks! 

Another question....

Do I focus on the 2 CO CCs and leave the Medical Collection alone? The medical collection only reports to Transunion. 

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 12 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@SSPA87 wrote:

Perfect! Thanks! 

Another question....

Do I focus on the 2 CO CCs and leave the Medical Collection alone? The medical collection only reports to Transunion. 

Thats what I would do since the medical is only reporting to 1 CRA..

Message 13 of 14
SSPA87
Regular Contributor

Letters are going out in the mail tomorrow!  Hopefully I'll hear back soon. Hopefully with good news! *fingers crossed*

Starting Scores: EQ (MyFico): 561 TU (MyFico): 579 - 2/15/13
Rebuilding Scores: EQ (MyFico): 597 (6/11/13) TU (MyFico): 606 (6/12/13)
Current Scores: EQ : 665 TU : 649 EX : 704

Cards: SDFCU $250 | Cap1 Secured $750 | Victorias Secret $500 | Amex BCE $4k | Chase FU $2k | Cap1 QS $1k | PenFed Promise $3.5k | Wayfair $1k | Care Credit $1k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.