Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

navy fed starts my rebuild on right foot

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

navy fed starts my rebuild on right foot

I decided that today I would get on my rebuilding my credit task from a lot of cc debt from about 3 years ago that left my fico score at 517. Today I went searching for a credit card to start rebuilding I remember I have an account with navy and have seen that they have been very good lately so I apped for the nrewards completely expecting a denial which I was going to recon to a secured card. My jaw dropped when the decision page loaded and it say congratulations you have been approved for 2k starting limit I'm so happy I don't have to work through toy limit land and can get decent limits when I'm ready for more

Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: navy fed starts my rebuild on right foot

It took me about 1.5 years to rebuild, with a few mistakes. Didn't have Navy on my side. Started with secured at credit union though. My scores stayed in 500s till September 2014, and varied by reports as the final clean up commenced, now all are clean, scores in 709s.

I didn't apply for prime cards until scores clean, Amex was my break out card, haven't received a toy limit since.

You will put in a lot of hard work, but if you really want it, there is much joy once those reports are clean.

Congrats, and good luck on your rebuild,
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 5
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

I don't even know were to start I have so many charge offs I want to pay all of them back and have them deleted because I still have another 4 years with them on my account

Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Carlile92 wrote:

I don't even know were to start I have so many charge offs I want to pay all of them back and have them deleted because I still have another 4 years with them on my account

First thing to do is get all 3 copies of your CRs directly from the CRAs through the mail. When you get them you want to sit down and triage your negs into smaller groups that you can work on one at a time so you dont get overwhelmed with it all. If it were I, I would start with the ones that are updating monthly then work from newest to oldest. Good luck in your re build Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

OMG!!! That is awesome!!!! Congratulations! Ive heard that NAVY is really good. I apped with them last month and was denied with those scores so this is awesome!! TAKE CARE OF THEM AND THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU!!!

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.