Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice on PFD

tag
CAHammer
Established Member

need advice on PFD

Hello everyone.  Although I have been reading the forums almost daily for a few months now, this is the first problem that I have not been able to find an answer for.  I sent a GW letter on my husbands behalf to Business and Professional Service in San Antonio regarding a doctor bill that was paid to the doctor office.  They immediately delted the account from his credit file, and for that I thank them.  I found out that I also have 2 CA accounts with them.  One account is for $87 and is from last year.  The other account is for $578 and the SOL has just expired.  I sent a PFD letter last week asking to have the $87 account deleted for full payment.  They will delete both accounts but ony if both are paid in full.

Paying $665 really is not feasible at this time.  My question is this:  Do I pay the $87 and have it on my CR as PIF for 6 more years and let the $578 drop off in 3 years? Or should I send a letter back asking to make 5 equal payments on the $578 and send a good faith payment for the $87 at the same time? I know it will reset the SOL, but I just want them gone. 

Any help would be appreciated

Kristin

Starting Score:496 in 09/2013>
Current Score:554 on 01/2014>
Goal Score:620 by 03/2014> I've got to crawl before I walk

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: need advice on PFD

Welcome to the forums.

Did they say both accounts had to be PIF at the same time?

If not I would PFD the $87.  Then save up for the other one to do a PFD.

Message 2 of 10
CAHammer
Established Member

The response stated that both had to be PIF within 30 days from 09/21/2013 for deletion.  I thought maybe pay the $87 so it would at least say PIF with the CRA's.  Then maybe make 5 equal payments over 2 months until paid. 

Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would try to renegotiate with them.  Tell them you can PIF the smaller one but will need to save for the second one as there is no way you can get that amount in 30 days.

Message 4 of 10
CAHammer
Established Member

Thats what I was thinking.  Any suggestions on a renegotiation  letter?

--Kristin

Message 5 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 10
CAHammer
Established Member

If I send a renegotiation letter should I send the payment for $87 as a good faith offering? Or should I wait for a response?

Message 7 of 10
benjita

wait for a response. I would tell them your situation and offer to pay whatever you can. Offer to pay over time. Can you borrow money from family? What ever they agree to, make sure to GET IT IN WRITING.

Message 8 of 10
CAHammer
Established Member

Thank you for your help.  I'm going to send out a renegotiation letter on Monday, CMRRR of course, and I'll let you know how it goes.

-Kristin

Message 9 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since a PFD is a type of GW it isn't necessary to send it CMRRR plus is sort of not a good idea.  Sending CMRRR can make it look forced upon them.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.