Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with summons

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need help with summons

I recently got a summon at my house. It stated that I have twenty days to respond to it. I still have about five days left. I also settled this debt with the law office that is suing me yesterday. I have everything in writing ,But my question is do I still need to file a response with the courts before the twenty days or does the law firm have to do this. Any advice will help

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: need help with summons

i honestly do not know the correct answer, but i would advise you NOT to trust the law office that is suing you to do what is in YOUR best interest.

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

In your best interest, file the response and let them know you have settled the debt.  Include copies of everything you have.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thank you for for help. I will go down there on monday and turn in the response.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently got a summon at my house. It stated that I have twenty days to respond to it. I still have about five days left. I also settled this debt with the law office that is suing me yesterday. I have everything in writing ,But my question is do I still need to file a response with the courts before the twenty days or does the law firm have to do this. Any advice will help

If you were given a receipt for payment and a notarized general release, you really shouldn't have to worry.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.