Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need medicaid med collection help

tag
novabama
Frequent Contributor

need medicaid med collection help

So I have a situation here:

I have 2 collections on my account both lingering around $300 from the same hospital for myself and 1 for my daughter. These are from Jan 08 and Sep 08.

On my CR it lists Sentara Hospital in VA. The DV response they sent back to me said Potomac Hospital. I called the number on the hospital bill, because 1. I had never heard of this bill-no correspondance from them and 2. I had medicaid and it redirects to a number for Sentara. Now even though I was out of state (medicaid was in alabama for pregnancy), it still should have covered 100% because this was an issue related to my pregnancy about 5 days after my daughter was born. Apparently Sentara Hosp took over Potomac Hosp billing and they do not have the records because those are in an internal dept if they are older than 2011 (ridiculous). They are supposed to be calling me back (I am giving them until Monday considering I called Tuesday afternoon/lunch). The 3rd bill is from my daughter at the same ER (I don't even remember this trip but it was a crazy time and I was back and forth between states... I could be mistaken)... that should have been covered 100% as well. 

Obviously this is past SOL and WAY PAST where medicaid would cover it (I don't even have medicaid anymore, only All Kids for my daughter). 

What should I do here to get rid of these?! Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Re: need medicaid med collection help

BUMP.... anyone?! 

I called them again today at a different number (the OC-seems they have hundreds of phone nums) and am waiting for a sup to call me back because the lady I talked to said basically sorry bout your luck we tried to call you and sent a statement (obv I never got them...) 

I'm going to see if the supervisor can pull back from collections and set up a payment plan maybe?? or should I just try to PFD the CA??

hellllppppp Smiley Embarassed

Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure how the law works in the state, I know where I am from Medicaid is the final payor source and no monies are due after they have finished the claim.  The problem may have stemmed from lack of filing on their part to the Medicaid program.  I would continue to work with the OC and see if they can in fact pull it back from the CA and deal with them directly.  You seem to be on the right track.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
novabama
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the reply. yes that is how it is here... medicaid you pay nada. the hospital claimed that it was out of state and does not accept medicaid... which is why no insurance was filed for my daughter and listed as "self pay". well then how does that explain that my medicaid was filed and they got over $1000 paid? it also doesn't make sense how some balance was left. I was unemployed and there was NO WAY I had any other insurance. Grrrrr. Hopefully this woman will call me back soon!

Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If $1000 was paid then yes they did accept your Medicaid Insurance.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.