Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need some advice on what to pay first. Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need some advice on what to pay first. Please help

I have about 1K to use to pay off some of my husbands debt and want to make sure Im putting it in the most important place.  I have read all the FAQ on here, the SOL info and have already tried to send GW and PFD letters to a few of these creditors with no good outcome. 

He filed chp 7 in 05 so we are already contending with that baddie on his credit.  His business took a nose dive in 09 putting ALL of our CC, mortgage and car loans in crisis.

We have medical bills and a few CC (which have all been closed with a CO and turned over to collections)

I dont know how much info you would need to help me, but here is some:

First Fed Credit

$345   Date Updated:  02/2010   Original Balance:  $345  Original Creditor:  MED1 02 SKIN PATHOLOGY LAB  Past Due:  >$345

First Fed Credit

Balance:  $115   Date Updated:  02/2010   Original Balance:  $115  Original Creditor:  MED1 02 SKIN PATHOLOGY LAB  Past Due:  >$115<  Pay Status:  >Collection Account<   Account Type:  Open Account   Responsibility:  Individual Account  

Balance:  $115   Date Updated:  02/2010   Original Balance:  $115  Original Creditor:  MED1 02 SKIN PATHOLOGY LAB  Past Due:  >$115<  Pay Status:  >Collection Account<   Account Type:  Open Account   Responsibility:  Individual Account  

THE ABOVE THREE ALL SHOW A 'DISPUTED BY CONSUMER SINCE I WROTE A PFD'

This is a Cap 1.  was turned over to collection and I have set up arangements with the agency.  should I pay this off instead of monthly?

Balance:  $821   Date Updated:  03/2010   High Balance:  $984  Credit Limit:  $500  Past Due:  >$821<  Pay Status:  >Charged Off as Bad Debt<   Account Type:  Revolving Account   Responsibility:  Individual Account   Date Opened:  02/2005  Date Closed:  12/2009  Loan Type: Credit Card Remark:  Account closed by credit grantor
Estimated date that this item will be removed:   05/2016

This HSBC had been turned over to a CA.  I have not made arrangements

Balance:  $1,309   Date Updated:  01/2010   High Balance:  $1,309  Credit Limit:  $0  Past Due:  >$1,309<  Pay Status:  >Charged Off as Bad Debt<   Account Type:  Revolving Account   Responsibility:  Individual Account   Date Opened:  02/2006  Date Closed:  08/2009  Loan Type: Credit Card Remark:  Account closed by credit grantor
Estimated date that this item will be removed:   05/2016

Best Buy.  Again, turned over to CA.  no arrangements ahve been made

Balance:  $936   Date Updated:  01/2010   High Balance:  $936  Credit Limit:  $500  Past Due:  $0  Pay Status:  >Charged Off as Bad Debt<   Account Type:  Revolving Account   Responsibility:  Individual Account   Date Opened:  10/2006  Date Closed:  12/2009  Loan Type: Charge Account Remark:  Account closed by credit grantor
Estimated date that this item will be removed:   04/2016

This is from Aspire and turned over to Jefferson Fin.  I paid a settlement amount of 350 something and they said to wouold show it as satisfied and settled, but it looks to me like they are still showing the remaining balance?  Should I pay the rest to show paid in full?

Balance:  $148   Date Updated:  03/2010   Original Balance:  $493  Original Creditor:  12 ASPIRE CARD  Past Due:  >$148<  Pay Status:  >Collection Account<   Account Type:  Open Account   Responsibility:  Individual Account   Date Closed:  11/2009  Loan Type: Factoring Company Account Remark:  >Placed for collection<
Date placed for collection: [ 11/2009]  Estimated date that this item will be removed:   04/2016

This one is set to fall off next year.  Should I leave alone?

Balance:  $182   Date Updated:  11/2009   Original Balance:  $182  Original Creditor:  MED1 02 ASHTABULA CTY MED CENTER 2ND  Past Due:  >$182<  Pay Status:  >Collection Account<   Account Type:  Open Account   Responsibility:  Individual Account   Loan Type: Collection Agency Attorney Remark:  >Placed for collection<
Date placed for collection: [ 12/2005]  Estimated date that this item will be removed:   07/2011

another Medical

Balance:  $548   Date Updated:  03/2010   Original Balance:  $548  Original Creditor:  MED1 02 AKRON CHILDREN S HOSPITAL  Past Due:  >$548<  Pay Status:  >Collection Account<   Account Type:  Open Account   Responsibility:  Individual Account   Loan Type: Collection Agency Attorney Remark:  >Placed for collection<
Date placed for collection: [ 01/2010]  Estimated date that this item will be removed:   07/2016

As you can see alot of these are Medical and almost ALL of them just reported and will not be removed until 2016.  I really want to pay the most important ones.  would these be the CC and CC collections or the Medical bills.  I have NO idea where to put my money.

We are hoping to sell and purchase a new house next summer and know we have a LONG way to go before we can do that.  Any info would be so appreciated.  thank you.  Also, if there is anything else you need to help me just let me know!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
TugChris
Valued Member

Re: need some advice on what to pay first. Please help

From a quick glance it appears you could HIPAA and take care of all the medical collections and stay near your $1000 budget. HIPAA would make it significantly more likely to get a delete after paid. Just my 2 cents.

12/12/2009: TU 607 EQ 589
03/24/2010Smiley Sadvia lender) EX 688
04/01/2010: TU 718 EQ 717
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.