Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need some advice!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need some advice!!

I was divorced in 2000.  In 12/2001 a judgement was ordered against me by a credit card agency.  This was a card not cleared up in the divorce.  The card was in my name with ex as a user.  There is about 4500$ owed on this account.  I followed some advice from a tv financial advisor about 3 years ago who suggested that because the judgement was so close to the "7 year time limit" that I just let it go, have no contact with the creditors and ride it out.  I have since remarried and have gotten my credit straightened out.  I have a completely clear credit report at this point.  Not even this judgement shows up any longer.  However, yesterday I got a letter from my bank stating that they are freezing my account because they are complying with a request from this creditor.  I earn a very small salary (about 200 a month) that is directly deposited in this account.  I also deposit my child support into this account.  It is used for kids expenses, school lunches, rec fees, entertainment etc.  My husband handles the rest of the family's finances.  What should I do at this point?  Any advice?  I'm afraid if I respond to these attorneys that it will reopen the whole mess. 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need some advice!!

You need to read your state statutes regarding judgments, time for collection of judgments, etc.

The judgment was removed from your report due to CRTP, which has no impact on you owing it, them collecting on it, etc.

Your state statutes will spell out what can be done and when it can be done. Check the link in my signature titled "state resources".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.