Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to dispute and improve score. which report to use?want

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need to dispute and improve score. which report to use?want

Want to start disputing some things i found on my free yearly credit report. Which service should i use? I do want the option for an online dispute rather tehn sending letters to the agencies. Who should i use for this? Im assuming if i dispute with one agency thr results of the disputes will filter down to all of them eventually???
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: need to dispute and improve score. which report to use?want

@Anonymous wrote:
Want to start disputing some things i found on my free yearly credit report. Which service should i use? I do want the option for an online dispute rather tehn sending letters to the agencies. Who should i use for this? Im assuming if i dispute with one agency thr results of the disputes will filter down to all of them eventually???

Welcome to the forums.

What kind of things are you disputing? You'll have to dispute with each CRA separately. They don't generally share information.

On your free report there should be information how the dispute process works with each CRA.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Online disputes are easy to keep up with.  I would definately use the online dispute over writing.  Plus with online you get confirmation (via email) of the dispute and an email notice with any updates/deletions.   Faster and cleaner.

Message 3 of 6
Crashem
Valued Contributor

If your dispute is simple, online works fine and lets you keep track of everything.  But it is limited in what you can say and how you can say it.  If the online dispute doesn't meet your needs, do the written method and definitely do a CMRR.  It is slower but personally I think the CRAs take them more seriously because of the paper trail

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking of purchasing my credit report from equifax and using there online disputes. Does sound good or is there a better alternatine. Thanks. I new to all of this.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use annualcreditreport.com  if you have not pulled your free report this year.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.