Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative account removals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

negative account removals

I have like 9 negative accounts from almost 7 years ago, and 1 negative hospital bill for 1700 from 3 years ago. Everybody tells me it's a waste but I went with Lexington Law to help with my negatives. I'm 200.00 in and they have removed like 6 negatives all together. So my questions are can removals come back again? And if 1 account falls off let's say experian will it fall off tu, and equifax also? And if they do come back will the creditors even bother to put them back since there about to fall off anyway there like 7 yrs old.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Re: negative account removals

I am fairly sure removals can come back.  You might get the wrong info so have it removed but theres nothing stopping the company from reposting with the correct info?  But im not sure about that it just seems like what they would do.

I am 100% sure if it is removed from 1 of your credit reports its got nothing to do with the other reports.  Each one is its own seperate company.  You have to get it removed from TU, EQ and EX seperately.  I am going through that now, one company at a time.

The only bad thing I could see from that is if they arnt past the SOL yet and the creditors see you actively doing things on your credit they may take you to court before the SOL runs out.   I ignored all of mine when I was younger, 4 out of 9 took me to court.  Might get lucky. 

And about them going for it until the last day, I am getting reports removed that they renewed on me 5 years after the original debt.  They want money, if they think you might pay they will probably keep going after you.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I'm a bit confused from the git go as to what is meant by negative accounts removals.

Are to referring to OC accounts or collections reported by a debt collector?

Message 3 of 6
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have like 9 negative accounts from almost 7 years ago, and 1 negative hospital bill for 1700 from 3 years ago. Everybody tells me it's a waste but I went with Lexington Law to help with my negatives. I'm 200.00 in and they have removed like 6 negatives all together. So my questions are can removals come back again? And if 1 account falls off let's say experian will it fall off tu, and equifax also? And if they do come back will the creditors even bother to put them back since there about to fall off anyway there like 7 yrs old.

Yes negatives can come back it just depends on why they were taken off in the first place, if it was due to a dispute they can remove the negatives until the dispute is over with then put them back on if they have been verified.....and if an account ages off one report it will age off the others as long as they all have the same info however they may not age off at or around the same month, some people have had to call the bureaus....

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, the negatives can come back. Most of the time they get sold to another CA and back on your CR they go.

To me, it doesn't make much sense to pay someone to get rid of things that are set to expire in a year or so anyway.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If their 7 years old they would fall off with or without lexington . And if they fall off due to age you won't have to worry about them coming back . They could come back but you can easily get them off again .

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.