Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new account barclays - bankruptcy 2013

tag
dreamcaster1122
Valued Member

new account barclays - bankruptcy 2013

I'm a little confused, i claimed bk. In Aug 2013. My credit score was in high 500s right after. Got a car through toyota financial December 2013, and a credit card with 300 limit from capital one in April 2014. Fast forward to October my credit score for eq. And tu. Hovering around 620/622. Got a pre approved offer from barclays in sept....decided to go ahead and apply- approved $750, in the meantime, capital one has given me a $2000 cli...woo hoo! Anyway check my credit score October 15th and my tu. Report went up 10 points when the inquiry from barclays showed up but once the new card started reporting my credit score with tu. Went down by 17 points?? Is this because of a new account? Utilization has remained no more that 20% for the past 3 months on all cards if not less...will it start going back up after the new account starts to age? By no means am I complaining because and am thankful for what I have with capital one being so trusting in me etc but I'm wanting a 650 credit score by april/ may 2015...think it's possible?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

Re: new account barclays - bankruptcy 2013

Down by 17 points because of 1 inquiry? Sounds like a lot

Maybe it's because of the inquiry/new card combo?

It will eventually go up as the card ages but almost 50 points from now til April? Unlikely! !

Message 2 of 5
dreamcaster1122
Valued Member

Yeah went down 10 as soon as the new card got reported, then when they reported my balance which was just shy of 20% it went down AGAIN...and then AGAIN when my capital one card reported, which was at 10% utilization. ..befor both of these cards where updated with new balances they were both showing 0 the previous cycle. ..idk if that has something to do with the score drop? Coming from 0 balance on everything to having close to 30% ?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dreamcaster1122 wrote:
Yeah went down 10 as soon as the new card got reported, then when they reported my balance which was just shy of 20% it went down AGAIN...and then AGAIN when my capital one card reported, which was at 10% utilization. ..befor both of these cards where updated with new balances they were both showing 0 the previous cycle. ..idk if that has something to do with the score drop? Coming from 0 balance on everything to having close to 30% ?

Bingo!

Message 4 of 5
dreamcaster1122
Valued Member

Well hope that's it then. I just paid everything again today which will bring utilization down to around 5-6%...guess I'll see what happens
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.