Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new and need some advice!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new and need some advice!!

Hey all, I'm new to this forum and very happy I've found it. Lots of good advice here.
So here is my dilemma, I applied for a mortgage loan(USDA) and my score weren't high enough, pretty close will be trying again in a few months after following lenders advice but I decided to sign up here and check my scores and report. So looking at it shows one of the collections I paid off last year as a closed revolving credit line which is not the case. It was service with Verizon that had been canceled and paid very late. It shows up on all 3 company's but they only reported late payments to experian which is my lowest score. So my question here is should I dispute it and try to have it removed or leave it alone as its reporting as my oldest credit line.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new and need some advice!!

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey all, I'm new to this forum and very happy I've found it. Lots of good advice here.
So here is my dilemma, I applied for a mortgage loan(USDA) and my score weren't high enough, pretty close will be trying again in a few months after following lenders advice but I decided to sign up here and check my scores and report. So looking at it shows one of the collections I paid off last year as a closed revolving credit line which is not the case. It was service with Verizon that had been canceled and paid very late. It shows up on all 3 company's but they only reported late payments to experian which is my lowest score. So my question here is should I dispute it and try to have it removed or leave it alone as its reporting as my oldest credit line.

What do you have on the positive side of the equation?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.