Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new here need help clearing bad credit

tag
missyday90
New Visitor

new here need help clearing bad credit

Hi im just trying to find out if there is anything I can do to get rid of some of my bad credit that is hurting me. I have already paid everything off but it still shows it on there.. its mainly all doctor bills that I paid and it shows I paid but my score is still so low is there anything I can do??
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: new here need help clearing bad credit

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Send GW letters to whomever reports those medical bills (assuming they are paid). Ask for deletion.

Message 2 of 3
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: new here need help clearing bad credit

@llecs wrote:

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Send GW letters to whomever reports those medical bills (assuming they are paid). Ask for deletion.

llecs hit it right on the head. Your best bet will be the GW letters since the debts are already paid so PFD won't do too much. I was able to get multiple off my CR with GW letters. Keep in mind, you may have to send more than one to each CA.

BTW, Welcome to the forum! myficoforum has helped me raise my score almost 175 points and I hope it can do the same for you. Do not be afraid to ask even the most simple question. I promise whatever questions you may have have been asked before and there is someone that can help. Its a great support system here so take full advantage. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.