cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new member, where do i start to get my credit repaired?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new member, where do i start to get my credit repaired?

hello everyone! im new to the board, and in need of direction. i got hurt in a car wreck in 2011 and my credit went to hell. anyway's, im now needing to get a home loan and cant. i want to fix my credit and pay my debts. i have 2 repo's from wells fargo and one from harley davidson. 3 credit cards with small balances and a few medical and misc. other collections. im paying on my wells fargo and they say they will update my credit when paid in full. however i have nothing in writing stating that. do i just start contacting collectors? my score is 536 tu and 528 equifax. i have a few accounts in good standing. im lost as how to tackle this. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new member, where do i start to get my credit repaired?

I would start by pulling your credit report from annualcreditreport.com. That should tell you the dates that the trade lines are scheduled to come off. See if there are any that are coming off soon because you may be able to call and get them removed or "excluded" early.

Are all collections valid? If so, I would star out by emailing/calling/snail mailing out PFD request. You're pretty much asking the collections agency if they will delete negative info from your credit report in exchange for full payment.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.