Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to forum. would like help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new to forum. would like help

new to forum long time lurker. would like some advice. Credit Karma Transunion and Equifax Fico are 675. I have an old credit card that i started in 2009 and was closed in 2010. Charge oFF is still showing on my crdit report. Amount is like 600 bucks from 200 bucks. A few 30 days and some 30/60/90/120. What is the best course of action? I have the money to pay off the debt now - financial situation has changed (aka job). I wanna get that off and get rid of the late payments. What do you guys think? I'm getting obsessed with my credit score idk why. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new to forum. would like help

anyone?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new to forum. would like help

So, if I understand it correctly you have one bad account on your report that is an unpaid CO and this same account has also reported 30/60/90/120 back in time? Or, do you have multiple different accounts that are reporting those?

If it's isolated to that one account, when did it first start going late which led to the CO? That will be your date of deletion. If it first starting reporting the deliquency that led to the closing of the account (and the CO) in 2009 then this will be deleted off your CR in the year 2016 (so in theory it could be less than a year).

From what I understand from others on here (and please someone correct me if I'm wrong), there's varying opinions on paying off a CO this late in the game. If you paid it off, it would help your UTIL but the difference of paid vs unpaid may be negligible at this point until the account just ages off. If you're trying to get certain types of credit it may *appear* better that you paid the CO, but I don't *think* it will actually make a huge score impact.

A couple other options:

1- GW: If the debt is set to fall off soon anyway, a GW letter may do the trick to the creditor to go ahead and delete the tradeline

2- EE: Generally speaking, if it's within 6 months TransUnion may do a "Early Exclusion" deleting it off the CR and Eq/Ex are generally about 3 months out.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.